Chapter eleven

~Edited chapter~

Enjoy!!

...................................................................................................

Chapter ten.

“Are you sure you’re not afraid of heights?” Rose smiled up at Jet who had been checking out the structure of the Ferris moments earlier. He wasn’t afraid of heights so much as the old ride collapsing.

She sat cosily next to Jet in the small seat. They were at a stand still half way to the top waiting for the man on the controls to fill up the rest of the seats. On a moment’s decision, Jet rocked the chair. Rose clung onto to Jet and screamed into his sleeved arm. Jet laughed out loud and the controller man below yelled for them to cut it out. This made Rose laugh along with Jet. “You’re so mean.” She smiled. Jet shook his head.

“I could never be mean to you,” Jet chuckled at Rose’s crinkled nose. They both fell silent as their eyes locked. Out of reaction to the intimate world they created, Rose’s heart pounded in her chest. “How are you feeling?” Jet purposefully broke the illusion of the perfect world, and Rose sighed and looked away.

“I feel good.” she muttered but didn’t look back at him. Jet gritted his teeth together. Nice one, dick! Jet thought to himself as tears swelled in Rose’s eyes. Jet was treading carefully around her, too carefully. He hadn’t fought with her once, and he hadn’t kissed her, like, really kissed her. Thought all his precautions where hurting Rose, but he was too scared of hurting her to do something about it.

Rose turned her head further away from Jet so he wouldn’t see any of her tears. Jet knew by that single move that Rose was crying. She hated that he did this, she wanted to feel normal and it was hard when he was treating her like she would break at any moment. Rose didn’t want to feel sick around Jet, but his precautions made her feel just that.

The Ferris wheel had started to move again. The people on the ground got smaller and smaller as they slowly reached the top.

After a few seconds Jet lost his patience and grabbed Rose’s face she looked up at him, eye wide with shock. Under Jet’s rough hands her cheeks were wet. Jet hated himself for doing this to Rose, and he vowed to never make her cry again. Without wasting another second Jet crushed his lips to Rose’s. At first Rose was shocked at how lust filled the kiss was but she soon relaxed and kissed him back. Jet didn’t pull back, not this time. He didn’t want to, he was sick of trying to do right by her but failing and making her sad. He let the kiss deepen into something that shouldn’t be done in public. Lust and need mixed and sent sparks of electricity into the air around them. There long anticipated hunger for each other increased like wild fire. Jet slipped his tongue into Rose’s mouth and she moaned in return, letting him in. They both pulled out of the kiss to catch their breaths. Jet gave Rose one last peck on the lips. His breathing was hitched and Rose’s cheeks were pink with excitement. Rose slowly opened her eyes and smiled at Jet. She was ecstatic before getting onto the Ferris wheel and now she was having something akin to an outer body experience. Jet, on the other hand, was taking deep breaths. Rose kept smiling at Jet until he looked at her. His cheeks were slightly pink, almost as pink are Rose’s. A smiled broke Jet’s serious face.

“You’re really beautiful, you know that right?” Jet looked into Rose’s eyes. He got lost in there, falling deeper and deeper into the deep abyss call love.

“Yes.” She bit her lip looking bashful. She didn’t think she looked beautiful. Not anymore. Not since she stopped trying to look nice and keep up her appearance. It was then that she realised that she realised he wasn’t just referring to her looks. Jet had grown in himself and looked past physical appearances, and actually noticed that a girl could be just as sweet on the inside as she was out.