Chapter sixteen

Chapter sixteen.

Tom shrugged and walked over to Jet. “What’s up?” Jet sighed trying to decipher the right words. Rose was the one good with words, not Jet.

“Uh, you were tight with Rose, yeah?” Jet asked. Tom shrugs casually.

“Sure was. She was a fun little thing back in her days.” Tom nodded not suspicious about the question.

“Well, she want’s to apologise to all her old friends before she...uh...” Tom laughed and hit Jet on the shoulder.

“It’s about time,” Tom smile, Jet had never seen him smile like that other than when they played football and talked about football. “We have been waiting for her to come around. You have no idea how happy Georgina will be.” Jet frowned.

“You knew she’d break down and take it back?”

“Yeah, man. Rose and I were tight. I know her pretty well. She’s not a mean person...just really...really stubborn.”

Jet felt so much better not having to persuade Tom. He was a great guy and would be willing to help.

“Sweet, so you’ll let everyone know? I need to go see her.” Jet explained and motion with his thumb in the direction of the car park, over his shoulder.

“Yeah, Do you want me to get them to come to the hospital tomorrow?” Tom asked. Jet nodded and thanked him before telling him he had to go.

Jet reached his car running and waving at people that told him they’d see him tomorrow. Most of the school had cleared out but because Jet and most of the football team had physical education, PE, last they finished class early to have practice. The bell rang to end the school day about fifteen minutes ago.

Jet got into his car and the music stared blaring instantly.

Jet was in a slightly better mood but was still a little pissed off at Coach for calling him ‘out of control’. Jet was good to his mum and her husband. He did everything for Rose and his mum and he didn’t think he needed to be disciplined. Jet wasn’t a bad guy; he just had a very bad passed.

Jet needed Rose, forever and always, to keep him grounded. She’s the only drug that has helped him, not that he took many drugs, only once or twice when he was at his lowest point a couple of years ago. The people he called friends and partied with didn’t help with his problems, either.

Jet drove home at the legal speed to his house to clean up, which he thought was too slow for his taste but he had Rose in mind and wanted to do right. He still kept his music loud. That was one thing that had never changed about Jet over the years. He always liked his music loud, so it drowned out his villainous thoughts and memories of his unforgettable past. Music was able to clam him and centre him in a way Rose couldn’t. Rose spoke to his heart, soul and hormones but music spoke to his mind. Music invaded his senses and was relatable. Rose couldn’t relate to Jet’s dark past, but in a way Jet was glad. He wanted to keep Rose as pure as running water. Obviously in the eyes of god he had ripped her of her innocence but she was still his delicate rose petal.

Jet pulled into his driveway and cut the engine. For a moment Jet sat in his car motionless. Trying to figure out how this got so confusing without thinking about what he would do after Rose was gone. He didn’t want to think about the dark hole waiting for him once Rose was no longer there to save him from it. Once Rose died he would loose himself, he was sure of it.

Jet got out of the car taking his shoulder bag with him and headed around the back of the house where his mini gym set was. He had found hand weights at a garage sale where he used to live and the punching bag was a gift from his mum and Peter a couple of years ago.