Chapter nine

~Edited Chapter~ 

....

Easter break was looming. Jet and Rose’s relationship was accelerating at a tremendous rate. Jet was falling in love with Rose but she was already there. She loved him as much as one could love another. The guilt she felt for letting Jet into her decaying life was becoming a distant memory. No other guy had made her feel the way Jet made her feel. She needed to be around him. Every time he left her even if it was only for a night, she felt sick and frail. She felt like a cancer victim should. She wanted him to stay the night but was afraid to ask. She didn’t want to be the clingy girlfriend. She had done that once before and it didn’t work out well.

Jet often lay awake at night wishing he had the warmth of Rose next to him. He was scared of his feelings for Rose, because they were so strong. He had never experienced such feelings even when he had been with other girls. He didn’t love them, but what he had with Rose was different. It was mature, real, and passionate. What he and Rose shared was everything thing that Jet didn’t know he wanted. She cared for him and loved him in such a way that let Jet know that he was Rose’s one desire. She couldn’t physically protect him but she would without question if she could.

Most of the time that Jet and Rose spent together was spent on The Hill. It held history for them, but it was also a place where Rose allowed herself to remember her life pre cancer. Rose used to meet her friends her and do all sorts of innocent things. The memories didn’t leave lasting sadness in Rose’s hearth, though, because she was happy that they happened.

Jet and Rose made their own fresh memories on The Hill. The hours they spent on that hill were filled with laughter, love, long talks, longing stares, and earth shaking brushes of the elbows. Rose loved any day or moment spent with Jet but those times spent on The Hill were extra special. She couldn’t explain it any other way than that she felt like she was untouchable on that hill, and if anyone or anything tried to ruin her time Jet wouldn’t allow it. Rose was complete safe on that hill, and was able to open up to Jet to a level she rarely did back in the real world.

“You’re like an angel.” Jet whispered. He had been watching Rose while she lay on her back with her striking blue eyes hidden under their lids. Rose’s lips pulled up at the edges as she opened her eyes to peer up at Jet. The sun was at full peek so she needed to shield her eyes with he hands. Jet glanced at the strip of stomach that her shirt showed before carefully pulling it back down.

“You’re so random.” A slight blush touched Rose’s cheeks and neck. Without meaning, Jet leant in closer.

“Yeah. But I meant it.” Jet shrugged and rolled onto his back. Silence falls around them. Birds sung, wind rustled the million leaves in the trees, the sun beamed down on the small town, and the distant noise of Fern Grove lingered in the air.

"Well, You're no saint…" Rose teased, breaking the silence. Jet pretended to look hurt.

"Oh. You will regret saying that." Jet said. Rose squealed as she got to her feet and ran away from Jet laughing. He chased her down the hill but it was a little wet from the night before. Jet lost his footing and fell on his backside. Rose turned around at the sound and screamed with laughter when she found him lying on the ground. She walked back up to Jet and lay down next to him.

"Silly boy." Rose giggled before slipping her hand into his. Rose planted a kiss on his lips, but Jet moved a hand to the middle of her back. Locking her in close to him. He caught her gaze before kissing her again. This time the kiss was deep and intense. Rose was the one to pull back this time. Her breathing was laboured and her lips tingled.

Jet looked over at Rose and was oddly taken back by her beauty. Her eyes were close and her lips were slightly open and pink from the kiss. Beside her heaving chest she looked so carefree and peaceful. Though he knew there was evil growing inside of her, slowly sucking everything good about her. Soon he wouldn’t be able to kiss her like he wanted to, he wouldn’t be able bring her up to The Hill, he wouldn’t be able to see the life in her eyes. The Rose he was falling for would slowly fade in front of his eyes. So he vowed to give her the best time he could while she was able to experience it.