Chapter fourteen

Chapter fourteen.

“Hey beautiful.” Jet walked into Rose’s room that afternoon. She was expecting him to look more hung over, but she thought that all the times he got drunk in the past would dull the effects now. Rose couldn’t mistake his blood shot eyes, though.

“Hey,” Jet leant down to kiss her. She paused her movie and pulled Jet down to her so her sat next to her on the floor. “What time did you get home?” she asked.

“About twelve this afternoon. I slept for a few hours at the beach house after we cleaned up as much as we could. Luke has cleaners.” Jet told Rose as though he was shocked. Rose smiled.

“Yeah, rich people tend to have their own cleaners. Did you have fun?”

“Yep, his house is massive and there was so many people there. The bonfire was amazing and Luke hooked up with two girls. One I don’t know of but the other was Rylee. She was off her face, and I’m willing to bet that she will regret it.” Rose watched as Jet blurted out anything that came to mind.

“Talk to any hot girls?” Rose asked jokingly.

“I talked to this really amazing girl,” Rose’s eye’s widened with interest this made Jet smile. “When ever I’m with her she blows my mind…” Jet teased. “I think I’m in love.” now he was acting like he’s daydreaming and Rose laughs.

“I hate her already.”

“Now why would you hate yourself?” Jet smiled a stunning smile and pulled Rose’s lips down to his. “You’re so beautiful.” Jet murmured then lightly kissed Rose.

She stopped him when he went to pull back, with her first balled weakly up in his Jet shirt. “Is that how you kiss the girl you love?” Rose whispered then brought their lips back together for a long, heart-racing kiss.

“I missed you last night, but I’m glad you had fun.” Rose smiled when she pulled out of the kiss. Jet chuckled at how unfazed she looked by the kiss, though her heart was racing and if her cheeks could have managed it, she would have blushed pink.

Rose couldn’t wait to tell Jet her plan. She thought it was genus.

“Yeah, I’m definitely going to another one for Luke’s parties. He actually suggested I come and play his Xbox with a few of the guys in a few weeks.” Jet kissed her nose.

“Sounds like fun. A room full of testosterone, trying to beat each other at racing car games.” Rose teased.

Jet chuckled and shook his head. “You make it sound like a bunch of gays sitting around drinking wine.” Rose laughed which lead to coughing.

Jet sat by her and rubbed her back, knowing there wasn’t anything he could do, not really.

“Want to hear my epic plan?” Rose asked when she could breathe again. Jet nodded and Rose shifted so she sat facing Jet. “Well after last night with the people at the party screaming out ‘happy birthday’ and all that I was thinking of making it right,” she told Jet with a smile. “I mean, I know I don’t have a lot of time left and you were right about fixing things with my old friends.” Jet sat silently just listening and watching. Jet was proud of Rose. He knew it would have been hard for her to do, especially when taking her stubbornness into account. Jet had been counting on this when he told everyone at the party it was Rose’s birthday and that he was giving her a call. Jet had hopped that it would loosen one of those stubborn strings in Rose mind. It had and Jet didn’t think he had seen her so happy.

“Great plan.” Jet whispered then kissed her lightly on the lips.

“You think?” Rose asked, her eyes alight and glistening.