Chapter 19

"My interview for People magazine is out today." Dan says, laying on his back with Phil sitting beside him. "Do you want to see the photos?"

Phil nods eagerly and continues to watch over Dan's shoulder.

They hadn't done anything all day besides film the video from earlier and then take a brief nap while Phil mainly just held Dan and let his eyes droop every once and a while. "Yeah, I do."

Dan clicked on the email he was staring at and opened the photos, displaying a beautiful photo of Dan smiling as the cover. "This is the cover shot." Dan said. "I think it turned out really well."

"You look stunning." Phil says, leaning down to get a better look.

Dan let out a scoff and turned his head, mouthing a quick kiss to Phil's neck. "You're just saying that."

Phil shook his head and Dan's lips curled into a smile against his throat. Phil was still in a state of disbelief about this entire situation if he was being honest. If you would have asked Phil of one year ago where he would be right now, he'd say still working at the BBC with PJ, Gemma, and Louise. He wouldn't have even considered Spike yet. But here he is, laying in bed with Daniel Howell, his head resting on Phil's chest as he scrolls through Instagram.

"Some photos from my party last night are surfacing." Dan adds on, making the point by clicking on the photo posted by some celebrity that Phil's actually never heard of before. "I don't even remember taking this photo."

Phil snorts as he looks at the photo of Dan stood with the female. Dan's got a cocktail in hand and Phil's not quite sure what one it was. Probably the third or forth.

"Who is that?"

Dan double taps the photo to like it and then continues scrolling. "Her name is Anna." Dan said, stopping on a photo of Ariana Grande and double clicking that as well. "She worked on our set."

"Oh."

Phil watched as Dan scrolled further and further and somehow ended up US Weekly Magazine's Instagram, looking at the photo of him from the night before at the party. "I wanna know who gives these magazines my photos." Dan says. "I don't do it. I know Marianne doesn't. I just wanna know who does."

Phil swallowed, his stomach knotting a bit and his heart beginning to race. "Do you think anyone took photos of us...you know, kissing?"

Dan turned his head and sat away from Phil a little bit. Phil looked at him and bit his lip. "No." Dan said, his voice stiff. Almost like he was trying to tell himself the answer too. "No one would."

"Are you sure?" Phil asked. He really just needed to know if there was any chance of their kiss being leaked.

Dan nodded. "Phil, people were probably doing lines in my bathroom. If they are going to leak a photo of us kissing, that would be pretty damn hypocritical."

Phil watched as Dan quickly tossed his phone to side and then turned on the bed so he was resting on his elbow, looking up at Phil. "I just don't want the tabloids to see us before we're ready."

Dan nodded. "Me too."

There was a silence between them and Phil watched Dan's face for any signs of any uncomfortable feelings he might be going through in his head. "My last relationship got outed before we were ready." Dan said, his voice staggering a bit. "Kellin and I were just enjoying our time together. I really liked him and he really liked me and then we stupidly walked out of a cafe holding hands and the media ate up on it. Our relationship was never the same."

"What happened?"

Phil doesn't know why he asked that. He shouldn't have really. It wasn't his business. He doesn't have to know anything about Dan's past.