Chapter 3

Phil didn't realize how exhausted he actually would be.

When he said his goodbyes to PJ and headed for the tube station, he made a quick stop to a Nando's and picked up some lunch before he caught the tube and headed home.

As soon as he was through the door, he saw Martyn sitting on his couch with Spike sleeping on his lap. He was watching some Netflix nature documentary on Phil's TV and eating some sort of a half-made sandwich that Phil figured he scrounged together after going through his fridge.

"How was Spike?" Phil asked, distracting Martyn away from the documentary.

Martyn picked up the remote and paused the documentary. "Mostly just slept."

At the sound of his name, Spike had already perked up and was ready to jump down from Martyn's lap and run over to Phil. He jumped down on his tiny paws and patted his way over and Phil bent down, petting his gently on his back.

"How was the set, famous actor?"

"Shut it, Martyn. I was only there because the BBC required me to be." Phil said as he sat down beside Martyn on the couch and began to unpack his Nando's bag. He fished out his chicken wrap began to undo the packaging as Spike sat at his feet and hoped to be fed as well.

"Do you get to see the famous Daniel Howell?" Martyn asks, reaching into his bag and stealing a chip.

"Yeah, actually. We shared a quick moment." Phil answered as he took a bite of his wrap and then broke off a piece of chicken and gave it to Spike.

"What happened? Martyn asked, stealing another chip.

"We met eye to eye and then he smiled at me."

"Oh damn. When's the wedding?"

"You're an ass." Phil swatted at Martyn's arm. Martyn just laughed. "I know it doesn't really mean anything but the way he stared at me was just...something else. And that smile he flashed at me was like no other smile I've seen."

"Phil," Martyn punctuated. "You're acting like a love sick teenager. He's a celebrity. He probably flashes that smile at everyone."

"But..."

"You're really about to argue this?" Martyn laughed. "Lad has you ready to go to bed and you've never even spoke."

Phil rolled his eyes and finished his wrap, throwing the container into the bag. He pulled out his chips and groaned when he saw Martyn had ate almost all of them.

"I don't know, Martyn. It was different."

And Phil still stood by that even into the afternoon as he found himself suddenly wanting to look Daniel up on social media. He started with Twitter first and he went through and saw all of his tweets―or rather lack there of. Daniel didn't tweet all that much. But when he did it was often kind of comical. He liked talking about memes which was different than what he was expecting.

From his Twitter, he ended up going on Instagram. Phil had to admit that Daniel's Instagram photos were near flawless. It was no wondering he had nearly 20 million followers on there and received about 5 million likes a photo. It was kind of amazing compared to Phil's measly two thousand followers that he's gotten over the years.

He went through the photos and he reads through some of the comments on them. Most people talk about how much they love and some even get replies back from him if they're lucky.

He scrolls back up Daniel's profile to the picture of him and the dog and he looks it over, smiling. There was something about Daniel and Phil thought he was finally understanding the hype behind Daniel. The reason why People Magazine called him one of the sexiest men alive. Because Daniel was attractive. He was actually stunning.