Chapter 4

Phil gets back to his flat with Spike and spends his evening watching the new season of Attack on Titan. He hadn't gotten around to watching it since he was so busy. Laid on his couch with Spike curled up next to him felt good though.

He felt content and relaxed for once. No real BBC projects going or anything that took up a massive chunk of his time. It was just nice again to have nothing to really do.

His phone vibrated on his lap and he picked it up. First, he saw he had a text from PJ asking if he was interested in coming to his flat for dinner with him and his girlfriend Sophie some time this week. But the other notifications set his mind ablaze.

Dan had went through and liked every single one of his Instagram photos. And he'd followed him. It shouldn't feel like a big deal but it was. Daniel fucking Howell talked to him today and now he's following his social media and liking his posts. It feels like a whirlwind of a ton of emotions all at once.

It feels slightly overwhelming.

He quickly goes on his Twitter and sees that Daniel has followed him there as well. He scrolls through Daniel's Twitter to see his new Tweets and then he decides to do a bit of lurking and see what other people are saying of Daniel.

He searches for Dan's name and then he begins to scroll through the tweets. Reading them forms a massive pit in his stomach.

To@Danielhowell

@herohowell: Who is that amazingphil that you're liking all of their photos on Instagram????#whoisshe

To@danielhowell

@dantrash0001: Why did you just follow this guy named amazingphil??

To@danielhowell

@danofficialfanpage: How is filming going? You seem stressed.

To@danielhowell

@holly_rivers98: *Picture Attached*

Who are you talking to inside the BBC?

The picture is a grainy photo of him and Daniel talking just beyond the doorway of the BBC. You can barely make them out.

To@holly_rivers98

@howellformore: That looks a bit like the amazingphil he just followed??

To@howellformore

@holly_rivers98: Do you think?? It's hard to tell.

Phil stopped reading them. It was slightly disturbing to see how obsessed Dan's fan base was him. The way they immediately were able to see he followed Phil and interacted with him.

He didn't want to admit that it bothered him...but it did a little bit.

Especially when he knows it means nothing.

He quickly exits Twitter and tries to push the tweets out of his mind. He shoots PJ back a text telling him that he would be good to come to dinner tomorrow night and then he puts his phone off to the side.

He needs a nap...and maybe a drink. But he'll take the nap now and have the drink later. He adjusts himself on the couch and Spike molds back to his body and he shuts his eyes.

****

"Glad you could make it!" PJ announces the minute he opens the door to Phil and Spike, who was furiously wagging his stubby tail back and forth in excitement. "Sophie was just saying the other day that we should invite you over for a meal."