REVIEW 53: PRINCE ON THE RUN

Author: @SaraAlyammahi

Reviewer: plainreyne

I'm extremely sorry for the delay, but I was dealing with some stuff and had to clear my mind before writing any reviews.

Anyway, onto the review. I read whatever was published till date, which included the Prologue and first four chapters. And my review will be solely based on what I read so far.

Cover: The cover is pretty nice with perfect proportion to the title on the picture. I don't have any further issues with it.

Name: The name 'The Prince On Run' directly tells you about one of the main plots of the books, so that's a plus point as it will intrigue readers into choosing your book. And I'm actually in love with how pretty it looks.

Plot settings: The prologue, and chapters 1 & 3 goes on in an epistolary writing style, I suppose? And 2nd and 4th being actual narrative chapters. So it alternates between epistolary and first person narration through Rain.

It can be a little confusing at first, but as the plot progresses, it becomes quite clear. Though it bugged me at times, that I didn't get much of ACTUAL writing which I wanted to read.

Another problem I faced was signing the off during the epistolary as REJ, being Rain's initials. Maybe I'm just dumb, but it took me a long time to understand who this REJ was! Then I was like, Oh! It's her initials.
So probably sign it in a more simpler way for the readers to connect to it at one go.

Themes: So far I've got to read only two actual chapters so I might not be a good critic of it but as per now, I think the themes include; Mental health, Mystery, Heartbreak and Forbidden love.

Characters: Rain is the introverted nerd who is studying medicine, with the studious girl vibes. Her best friends are quite eccentric, and I would've loved a bit more spark in Rain herself, but it's far too early in the book to comment on that.

As per Alexavier, he is yet to be introduced in the book so I'm still intrigued about it. But by the summary, he's a running away from his real life, living under a façade somewhere.

Writing: Okay so first of all, none of this criticism should be taken personally as I'll be voicing my thoughts as a reader.
The writing itself had no huge issues, and except some misspellings, it was quite good. I specially liked the epistolary part, as it had really nice and immaculate writing.

But some things that bugged me included, the showcase of mental health. Okay, so psychology is one of my favorite subjects and I myself have social anxiety, and have experienced mild anxiety attacks. So when Rain almost got her first panic attack in the book, it kind of threw me off.
I might not know a lot about mental health but the sentence,"I was wondering, have you ever thought about having kids," said by her best friend, I don't think it is a trigger. Maybe it had resemblance to her "scarry past" but it just wasn't the right moment.

By no means am I trying to offend those who deal with mental health issue, but it had to be said.

Also when Rain's friend, Kaydee told her about her engagement with Rain's ex boyfriend, and she was shocked that they had a relationship to begin with. I think, that was the appropriate trigger, as that's when her brain wasn't expecting the shock.

And these tiny tidbits about her panic disorder is what threw me off.
So maybe focus on that part and you're good.

Personal thoughts: The grammatical part could be improved in some places and so far I don't really have more to pick on.

Allover: I would give it a 3.5 out of 5 , for now as I got to read very little of the book. Though, I truly believe it has potential.