Chapter 1: Betrayal

The fierce fight had finally come to an end. With the unexpected Dragon Roar by Natsu, Cobra laid on the floor defeated. Natsu however, was severely poisoned. Both he and happy fell to floor, unable to move. "Dammit.. I.. I can't move.. Huh!?" After trying and failing to move his body, Natsu was met once again by a heavily damaged Cobra. "On my pride as one of the Six Generals... I will defeat you!" Cobra's hands and arms changed once again as he prepared to end Natsu's life. "I can hear it.. I can hear the demise of an Old Generation Dragon Slayer!" Before his attack had reached Natsu, he had stopped. Natsu was confused and looked up, only to see Cobra falling to his knees.

Brain had shot Cobra in the back, before he killed Natsu. This lead confusion to both Dragon Slayers. "B-Brain... Why?" Cobra, who was now on his knees, asked wondering why he would do such a thing. "Rest Cobra. Your job is done." Brain said aloud, but in his mind he thought, 'Pathetic! Nothing but a fake Dragon Slayer, I have no more need for a rip-off!'

Cobra couldn't believe his ears, though they've been heavily damaged, he still could hear thoughts just fine. "Oh... You must have heard that one." Brain laughed out loud, Natsu couldn't believe what he saw. They were supposed to be ally's.

Cobra began crying. Crying because the one he had the most trust in... Betrayed him. Crying because he wouldn't be able to hear the voice of his one and only friend, Cubellious. In the end, his one and only wish wouldn't be fulfilled. Reaching out to Cubellious one more time, Cobra fainted beside Natsu. Cubellious began hissing sadly, but one last plea could be heard from Cobra. "Run.. Cubellious.." With those last words, he was fully unconscious. Heeding his last words, the snake flew away.

Natsu was surprised to see the amount of care Cobra had for his pet. No. He should say, his friend. "Cobra.." Natsu attempted to get up again, despite him being severely poisoned. "You.. Aren't you his Comrade​? Why would you do something like that!?" Brain just snickered with a devious look on his face. "Comrade​? He can easily be replaced in just a matter of minutes, for when Nirvana is activated, the world will be in my control!" Natsu became angry, angrier than ever before, but he's unable to even put up any kind of resistance. "I have special use for you Dragon Slayer. I won't kill you.." Brain grabbed him by his scarf and began to drag him away before he was stopped.

"Ice Make: Lance!" Gray fired multiple lance shaped ice attacks towards Brain, who just dodged them easily. "Natsu! Are you alright!?" Lucy asked with just a hint of worry before she saw him being carried away. "What do you want with Natsu!?" Brain snickered and pointed to Cobra. "Simple. He's gonna replace that failure of a Dragon Slayer over there!" The others looked over at an unconscious and beat up Cobra.

In an effort to break free, Natsu bit Brains hand with his sharp Dragon like teeth. Brain grunted feeling the sudden pain and flung Natsu into a building near to Cobra. "You won't get away with this!" Gray exclaimed as he prepared to launch another spell but was interrupted by Jura. "I'll handle him, you two get Natsu-dono." Brain smiled wickedly, believing they would do nothing to him. He prepared for battle.