Chapter One- Reunion

Katsuki cursed under his breath. He was suddenly called to the Hero's Headquarters for an important meeting, meaning he had to wear a suit and tie, except without the tie, or the suit. He wore a black button shirt and jeans with a blue belt, and dress shoes. He didn't bother to style his hair past towel drying though. He dressed nice enough.

He entered the building with nothing in hand except his quirk. He shoved his hands in his pockets after pressing the elevator button. The ride was slow and agonizing to him as his mind skimmed over dozens and dozens of reason on why they would call him. Were they promoting him to Top Hero? Giving him a raise? Sent on a top secret job? He was a nervous wreck as the elevator doors finally opened. He slowly walked out onto the 23rd floor where the conference is supposed to take place. He strolled into a large room with only 2 people in it, one in which he despises very much.

"Hello Kacchan! How have you been?" the overly friendly Izuku Midoryia asked. He had a red over coat and tie with a black dress shirt underneath. Katsuki was tempted to walk out immediately when he saw Deku's childish face, though it had grown a stubble.

"Sit down Mr. Bakugou. We have something to discuss," gestured the man Katsuki has never seen before. He was skinny with black hair and round glasses in which matched a black suit and tie. Katsuki did as he was told, reluctantly, still without a word. He sat on the other side of the table, opposite from Izuku and the strange man.

"I've looked over your profile, sir. You have never once taken a vacation in the past 6 years since you graduated from U.A. Why is that?" asked the man. Bakugou scoffed at the question.

"How am I supposed to become number 1 if I'm taking vacations all the time?" Bakugou answered quite rudely. The man adjusted his glasses.

"Mr. Midoryia and I were discussing your position when we came across this discovery. We both agreed that it would be wise for you to take the summer off. It's clear that the built up stre-" Katsuki slammed his fists on the glass table.

"I don't need it! Give it to someone who wants it! I'm gonna become Number 1 with hard work and determination, not vacations!" Bakugou stood up and straightened his scrunched clothing, composing himself. "Now if you will excuse me, I have to get back to work." He turned to leave and headed towards the door.

"Kacchan, it would be a paid vacation! You need the rest! You have concerning dark circles under you eyes!" Izuku pleaded. It was true that Bakugou had trouble sleeping from the nightmares of burning flesh and bloodied grounds. He tightened his fists.

"Don't you dare decide what's best for me you...!" He took a breath to calm down. "I can take care of myself." He scoffed before bursting open the doors. "I decline your offer!" he announced once more and entered the elevator door. He pinched the bridge of his nose as it closed.

'I don't need that rat deciding what I need! He should mind his own damn business and focus on the people in this shit town,' he thought. In truth, he didn't care about being number 1 or 2, he just cared about saving lives and helping people. Sure, he pretends he doesn't care about that, but that's the most important thing to him.

At first, being top hero was all he cared about, but after he graduated and went on his first few dangerous missions, he changed his views rather quickly. The missions consisted of burning buildings and nuclear explosions. He witnessed many lives being lost to the destruction. At that time, he realized that the most important thing for heroes was saving lives, not gaining top hero. Sure, he was pissed for a month or two about Midoryia gaining the spot as top hero, but it soon melted away.

He shoved his hands back in his pockets as he walked out the automatic front doors. He wandered a couple of blocks and found the small café that he enjoyed. He wasn't a people person, and there weren't many people found in the restaurant, so he went in once again.

The bell jingled at the sound of him opening the front door.

"Welcome back Mr. Bakugou!" welcomed the waitress behind the counter. He lazily waved at the girl and sat down in his usual spot.

He scanned the room and found that there was only three customers in the building excluding him. An old woman with obvious white hair, and a teen typing away on a laptop.

There was also a familiar face that he couldn't quite pinpoint. He had a vibrant shade of red hair pulled back in a ponytail and loose bangs hanging in his face. His eyes were closed, but he had the longest lashes Bakugou had ever seen. The guy wore a black shirt that read 'HERO' in white writing, gray shorts and red crocs. If it wasn't for the visible muscle, Katsuki would have mistaken him for a girl.

'What person do I know who is absolutely jacked like that?' Katsuki asked himself, furrowing his brow as he continued to burn holes in the guy's head.

The man had his headphones plugged in his ears and was connected into his blue phone. Bakugou could've sworn he knew the guy from somewhere. He began searching through his photos and found one of a dude in a U.A. uniform with spiky red hair, long lashes, and his arm was wrapped around Bakugous neck as the red head took a selfie. He looked up at the guy again then back at his phone.

'It's shitty hair.' He realized it was Eijirou Kirishima, his old best friend and the only name he would remember besides Deku.

The girl from behind the counter came to his table and asked for his order. He requested for his usual Caramel Frappe before shooing her away. He eyed Kirishima up and down.

'He's definitely grown and his hair doesn't look shitty anymore.' He thought with amusement. Eijirou opened his eyes slightly to tap on his phone before shutting them again. He didn't seem to noticed Bakugou sitting at the opposite side of the room glaring at him. The girl walked out with Katsuki's order and left. Bakugou had an idea. He stood up and strolled over to the red head's table, quietly sat his drink in the chair across from him, and casually sneaked behind him.

He then slammed his hands on Kirishimas shoulders and gave him a little harmless explosion that wasn't even hot enough to leave mark, but just enough to make a crackling sound. Eijirou activated his quirk all over his body. He looked back and made eye contact with the smug looking blond, someone Kirishima never knew he'd see again.

_______________________________________

Authors Note • Hey guys! Thanks for reading the second chapter of my second story. I hope you enjoyed and give some suggestions if you'd like!
I created an update schedule. It's on the announcements. -May 11, 2019

Edited July 11, 2022