Chapter - 34

The car ride was quiet at first. Pha wasn't sure why he even agreed at the first place. By now, he would have been home, but here he was, in the passenger seat of Weir’s car. What was he exactly planning to do?

   Pha placed his palm over his forehead and closed his eyes, sighing softly.

   “Headache?” a voice interrupted his thoughts. He regained his initial position and just smiled.

   “Something like that” he replied to Weir’s questions. “Where are we going anyway?” he asked, refusing himself to even begin thinking about Forth again.

   But that wasn’t going to happen anytime soon.

   Pha just kept on doubting his decisions. Should he have been so harsh? Did he over react to it all?

   He had a tendency to blow things out of proportion.

   “Are you listening to me?” Weir suddenly put a hold to his speeding thoughts. Pha laughed weakly, “My bad. What were you saying?”

   Weir managed to smile, even though underneath it all, he was rolling his eyes, scoffing over how the guy could be so infatuated in his silly little brother.

   “We’re going somewhere fun, that’s what I said.” Weir repeated, this time with Pha listening to every word.

   Pha tilted hid head a notch and looked at him in confusion, “Where’s that exactly?”

   Weir kept his eyes on the road, looking from here and there, “Mm, it’s close by now”

   Pha too looked out his window, paying more attention to the outside world. There was a dirt road that Weir’s car drove on and surrounding it were long strands of grass, knee length they were. Coming up now was the sea and a long ring of white sand surrounding it.

   Suddenly it was very windy and sprouts of long grass in the sand blew mercilessly. Weir stopped the car and got out, rushing to Pha's side and opening the door and gesturing him to step out.

   Pha looked around in even more confusion, “So...” he dragged out the word for more than a second, “What are we doing here exactly?”

   Weir shrug, “Let’s go”

   He walked ahead, hands stuffed in his pockets and feet moving in front of each other strategically. Pha huffed, not liking being hidden from things; Forth proved that.

   Pha rushed after him, standing beside him as he stood in front of the sea. “This was my favourite place as a kid” Weir blurted out.

   Pha had no idea how to reply so stood there in silence.

   “I hate this place now” he turned to look at Pha and Pha did the same. There was something different about Weir now. His jaw seemed tightened and his eyes hardened and looked at Pha with such darkness. Pha couldn’t help but stumble back a tiny bit.

   “This is where my life started.” He continued.

   There was a buzzing in Pha's back pocket and he felt something forbidding him to reach in and grab his phone.

   Weir managed to have a small pulse of laughter that had a hidden darkness beyond his control. It made the other shudder.

   “Weir, I think we should go back now. It’s getting cold” Pha bravely announced, maintaining a shake free voice.

   Weir smiled and shook his head while his eyes were closed. He opened his eyes and looked at Pha, straight in the eyes.

   “Not yet” he replied. Pha frowned at the response. “Seriously Weir, take me home now”

   “Do you know why everything started here?” he continued.

   Pha looked at him helplessly, knowing his words would no way near enter his thick skull.

   “Granny said it was because I was so sweet and young” He scoffed. “Look at me now. Not so sweet or young”

   Pha grew confused, looking around him. There was a demolished and burnt house far in his peripheral vision. Then there was the car. He could just run to it and drive away.

   But he didn’t have the keys!

   He couldn’t lie anymore. The way Weir was talking scared him a little. The buzzing in his pocket started up again. His fingers itched to reach for it.

   Weir smirked slightly, “It couldn’t be Forth, could it? I had to be the Who was touched by that devil”

   Pha's face dropped. His stomach twisted until he felt sick and his heart was pounding in his chest. He just froze and looked at the man in front of him. Drumming filled his ears as he recalled it all.

He shot my parents...

He’s not a good person...

   Pha could hear his heavy breaths as he stood there. The buzzing in his pocket stopped and then everything stopped.

   Weir looked at Pha in amusement, “Ah so my brother has told you about me”

   Pha stepped back, away from the person in front of him.

   “Go on. Run” Weir laughed.

   Pha turned on his heel and pulled out his phone on one go. His feet tumbled across the sand. It was difficult to run when his feet was sinking but still he did everything he could to get away from Weir.

   “Fuck! I’m so stupid” He scolded himself in terror.

   His phone flashed Forth’s name at the same time and he quickly answered it.

   “Pha!!” Forth sighed when Pha finally answered him. “Where the hell are you?”

   “Oh god oh god! What have I done? He’s running after me” Pha said frantically into the phone with his head turned to look over his shoulder for a second.

   Forth grew alerted with alarm bells ringing in his head.

   “Shiaaa!! tell me where you are now!?” he demanded to know.

   Pha yelped out suddenly, his feet getting tangled in the grass as if they were working against him. He fell on the sand, clutching the phone tightly as he could.

   “Forth...” Pha whimpered as he turned, facing the sky. Weir towered over him, grabbing his arm and pulling him up. He snatched away the phone and held it to his own ear to hear Forth babbling apprehensively.

   All the while Pha struggled to get away from him. His fingers tightened around Pha's upper arm, bruising and hurting him.

   Weir rolled his eyes at Pha's futile attempt to escape him.

   “Hey little brother” he rasped into the phone. “We’ve got some catching up to do”

-------+++-------

A/N
   Enjoy. Vote and Comment.

Love
Prijongsuk