Chapter - 25

Forth headed straight for Cherry's apartment. His footsteps were fast and long and he would climb the stairs two at a time. He knocked on the apartment door and a very long while later a wide-eyed Cherry let the door crack only slightly.

   “It’s me. Open the door” Forth said in a calm voice. The door opened wider and she looked around carefully before pulling him inside.

   She paced around the living room frantically, “He’s here! He’s out there somewhere watching us” she hissed. A small pang of panic run through Forth and his stomach somersaulted uncomfortably.

   “How-how did he find us?” he tried his best to remain calm and collected.

   “I don’t know but we need to get out of here” Cherry announced. Forth, for the first time, was hesitant with the idea and it didn’t go unnoticed by her. “You don’t want to go?” she raised an eyebrow.

   He sighed, “I have friends here, really good friends for the first time in a very long time. I can’t just up and leave”

   She furrowed his eyebrows, “We can’t stay either.” There was a moment of silence before she spoke up again, “Is this about that Phana again?”

   “What? No I said-”

   “Yeah, I heard you” Cherry said. Her eyes continued to scrutinise him as he stood before her gaze uneasily, “You seem to like this boy. A lot.”

   Forth gave her a ridiculous look, “Where did you get that from? Just because I don’t want to run yet again, doesn’t mean I have miraculously developed feelings for...him” He stumbled with his words, unable to say Pha's name.

   Cherry scoffed quietly, “Oh yeah, where were you just now then? Before you came here?” Forth remembered the date Pha and he had together not too long ago. His silence was enough to confirm where and who he was with. “See” Cherry said in a told-you-so voice.

   “I don’t care what you do Forth, but I am not sticking around here any longer and if you had any sense, you’d be doing the same”

   He ran a hand through his hair as she rushed to her room to pack everything she owned. He sat down in one of the sofas, sinking his back into it to relieve the strain and stress. His thoughts were muddled and confused until he was only left with one:

   ‘Maybe she’s right’

-------+++-------

   Weir laughed to himself as he witnessed Forth rush to Cherry's side.

   “Stupid boy...”

   His little brother had coloured his hair once again since the last time he saw him and his features had matured a lot more.

   The cigarette in his mouth received one long tug from Weir’s lips, burning it to a smaller size. Now that Forth was out of the way, it only meant one thing. Pha would be all alone.

-------+++-------

   Pha had stayed in the food shop a while longer after Forth had left, reflecting on everything that had happened that day, and secretly missing the feeling of his hands clasped with Forth's. There was a tinkle of the door bell as the entrance door opened.

   Weir entered, glad that Pha was still there. His performance began. He pretended to be surprised to see Pha, even though he had seen him go in with Forth almost an hour ago.

   “Hey” he waved a hand in front of Pha's face, gaining his attention as he kept on spacing out. Pha's eyes focused on the disturbance, trying to remember where he had seen that face before.

   “Remember me?” Weir asked. Pha gave him a bored look and replied bluntly, “No.”

   Weir chuckled at his response and settled across him in the seat provided, “Well, I remember you”

   Irritated by this complete stranger Pha stood up, “I don’t remember asking you to sit either.” He left the food shop without giving a second glance to the guy who randomly spoke to him.

   Weir’s eyes narrowed with anger as Pha carelessly blew him off. He wouldn’t let him get away that easily.

   Pha heard soft pattering footsteps gaining in on him. With a spin on his feet, he faced his stalker with an annoyed expression. Weir came to a halt abruptly; his face was clear of the surprise he felt by Pha's sudden change in direction.

   “Why are you following me?” Pha demanded to know. Weir smiled. That smile really put Pha off speaking to him.

   “I’m just looking for a friend. I just moved and I was hoping you’d show me around” he explained. Pha scoffed, “Why would I do that?”

   “Like I said, friends” he stuck out his hand as a sort of peace making gesture, “I promise, I’m harmless”

   Pha looked down at his hand sceptically but came to the conclusion that nothing could go wrong with just being friends. Shaking hands with him, Weir grinned in triumph, with an insane glint in his eye that went unobserved by Pha.

   “Great. Why don’t we start here then? Show me around the shopping centre yeah?” he suggested.

   Pha shrugged, knowing he had nothing better to do now. “Alright then; follow me”

   Pha led him through large stores full of clothes and house items. Weir looked around with interest, picking up a scented candle along the way and sniffing it before putting it down.

   “This is probably the best place to shop for clothes,” Pha advised, “They have great stuff”

   “Oh...” Weir looked around along with Pha and noticed him eye up a t-shirt.

   “I think those will look great on you” He said. Pha put back the t-shirt, “Not for me, I was just looking”

   “What? Present for your special someone?” he teased, although fully knowing who Pha would think about. And of course, the image of Forth came into Pha's head. He frowned slightly.

   “Actually my brother” Pha stated simply.

   Weir carefully trailed after Pha as he moved from rail of clothes to another.

   “So you don’t have a girlfriend.. or a boyfriend?” he asked slowly. Pha sighed, getting into a very sour mood, “That’s none of your business.”

   Weir raised his hands in surrender, “Okay, I was just curious. No need for the attitude”

   Pha groaned inwardly, slightly regretted agreeing to show him around now realising how annoying he was.

   “I see, I don’t by the way” Pha said carelessly. Weir grinned, even more curious now to know what his relationship was with Forth.

   “So I may have a chance then?” he added. Pha rolled his eyes, “Just because I don’t have a lover doesn’t mean I’m not seeing someone”

   Pha walked ahead of him as something caught his eye. Weir leaned against a railing and thought carefully about his next move.

-------+++-------

A/N
   Enjoy. Vote and Comment.

Love
Prijongsuk