Chapter - 24

Oh what a joy! Pha was stuck in a movie theatre with Forth, who was still holding Pha's hand. It was hard for Pha to concentrate knowing this and hard to keep his eyes on the screen too. He shifted in his seat to try and get more comfortably but froze when he felt Forth playing with his fingers.

   Forth seemed very bored from what Pha saw from the corner of his eyes. He didn’t blame him. P'Kong had chosen a sappy romantic comedy for Pha and Forth, thinking it would probably ignite a few sparks. He obviously didn’t think that on through.

   Pha puffed his cheeks in awkwardness as his fingers lifted up by Forth, and then he would randomly interlock their fingers into one big fist.

   “Are you alright?” Forth asked.

   Pha was startled for a moment but turned slightly to face him, “What are you talking about? I’m fine”

   Forth chuckled under his breath, “Am I making you uncomfortable?”

   “Why would I feel uncomfortable when I said I am perfectly fine” Pha said too quickly. Forth grinned before pursing his lips together.

   “Want to get out of here?” he offered. Pha sighed out, “Yes please!”

   He led Pha out of the dark room and into the bright hallway. He clutched on to Pha's hand whilst putting an arm around his shoulder. Pha frowned as his hand was suspended across his chest since Forth was still holding on.

   His insides fluttered for a second. It was a weird sick feeling but he somewhat liked it. Being close to Forth in a different context had a surprisingly different affect on him.

   “Where to now then?” Pha asked.

   Forth made a small hum of thought while looking around. “Aha, let’s go to the arcade. So I can beat your cute ass” he teasingly added the last part.

   Pha's face flushed for a moment, “I hardly think that will happen!”

   His brain jolted at the word ‘cute’ and decided to party a little in his head. ‘I have a cute ass!’

   “You coming?” Forth asked, shaking Pha's arm to bring him back to life. Pha blinked back to reality and nodded quickly, keeping up with his pace.

   Forth walked towards a shooting game. An odd jungle shooting game where there were oversized bugs to hunt down.

   “How about this?” Forth started, gaining Pha's attention, “If I win, you have to grant me a Wish. You win, then I’ll grant your wish”

   Pha squinted his eyes at the other for a second, as if Forth was planning some sort of treachery. “Alright. But I think it’s pretty obvious who’s going to win”

   “Yeah, me” Forth cut in. Pha scoffed lightly as he inserted the coin into the machine. Both of them got their guns ready, aiming it at the screen.

   Pha wasn't too worried of course. He had a thing for shooting games. And even if he lost, the wish couldn’t be that bad, right?

   The music started up and the game started. There were giant wasps and ants coming from all directions. Pha's fingers hardly stopped pulling the plastic trigger on the gun.

   The game continued with Pha and Forth occasionally cursing the creatures to die already.

   “Die damn it!” Pha cried out. He heard Forth laugh aloud, making him frown and guide his attention for a split moment towards the other. Bad mistake.