Chapter 29- The Death of Titanic

*Not Edited*
____________________

The ship was now sinking more quickly than before. Nearly half of the stern was out of the water, and the people still on board rushed to stay out of the water.

The lifeboat that Adam was in slightly tipped over, a few of the passengers falling into the freezing water. The people surrounding the lifeboat tried to get back on, only to be pushed back into the water by the rich man.

"Get back!" He yelled at them. "You'll swamp the boat!"
**************************

"The ship's final moments were the most terrifying. Hundreds of people still on board, and all we could do was stay above the water as long as possible."

Ben and Mal ran out on deck, wearing the lifebelts that Thomas Andrews gave them, feeling as if they were running up a hill. The man pushed his way to the rail, seeing what was left of the ship.

The bridge was under the water and chaos all over the deck. Mal looked over with him, seeing so many people still on board. Some were jumping over the railing and climbing down the rope from the lifeboats to get to the water below.

"We go to stay on this ship as long as possible," He told Mal. They joined the crowd and began moving aft again.
**************************

As Adam tried to keep the lifeboat afloat, which was difficult since some people were trying to climb in it from the water, the cables that kept the funnels in place began to snap, lashing like whips down to the water.

One of the funnels began to tilt and soon fell over like a temple pillar. It crashed into the water with a giant splash, creating a new strong wave. People underneath it, who were attempting to swim away, disappeared instantly.

The glass windows from the Grand Staircase broke from the water pressure around it. Water roared through the doors and windows, almost creating a waterfall on the marble stairs.

The 30-foot glass dome above the stairs exploded inward. Seawater thundered in like Niagra Falls, making the stairs of elegance go under the water.
**************************

The couple climbed over the deck rail. Ben climbed down first, helping Mal get down safely. Ben noticed the stairs were impossible to get by, so they simply went over the railing that separated them from the deck. They pushed through the crowd, who were literally clawing at each other to get to the stern as quickly as they can. At the rail, people were jumping off as well.

After what felt like an eternity, Ben and Mal finally made it to the stern. Hundreds of people were at the stern, more pouring in every second.

As the front of the ship went down, the stern rose from the water. The people below the boat couldn't help but stare at the giant bronze propellers as they appeared from the water.

As the angle increased, it became more difficult to go up. Many of the passengers huddled on their knees around Father Byles, who raised his voice in prayer. They were praying, sobbing, staring at nothing as they accepted their fates.

Holding hand in hand, Ben and Mal continue to go up, knowing the Man above wouldn't do all the work to help them live.

The propellers were now twenty feet above the water, rising faster and faster.

The couple finally made it to the stern rail, right at the base of the flagpole. They held a tight grip on the rail, as more people tried to squeeze in to hold on. It was when Mal realized, this was the place where Ben saved her.

"Ben," She said, her voice trembling. He looked at her. "This is where we first met,"

He smiled and kissed her forehead. Just two nights ago he met Mal and her friends. It felt more like a lifetime.