Chapter 6- A Suprise Visit

*Not Edited*
_____________________________

April 12, 1912

As Ben entered his room, his father didn't know what to think of what his son did.

"I know you've been thinking," Adam said to his son, placing the diamond in the box and on the table. "I don't pretend to know why. I planned on letting you give the necklace to Audrey until the Gala next week,"

"Is it really a diamond?" Ben asked his father.

"Yes. There was one by Louise XVI. They called it Le Coeur de la Mer,"

"The Heart of the Ocean," Ben said.

"I forgot that your mother taught how to speak French,"

"How can you can you go on in life? Mom died, and you just don't seem to care about that,"

"I do care about you. That's all in the past, now let's only look to the future,"

"It's overwhelming,"

"The diamond is for royalty. We are royalty, my son. There is nothing I can't get you. Once you marry Audrey, you'll inherit my money and my mill business. Don't deny her Ben, just open your heart to her."

Ben thought about it, and his dad left his room. He looked at the diamond that was in the box, which was still open. He felt so trapped, not being able to get away from his father.

He closed the box and placed it back in the safe, locking it, before going to the room of his fiance. Ben was about to go in when he heard them talking about one of the four third class passengers.

"Maleficent?" He heard Audrey's voice say.

"Some theorize she had a daughter a few years back," Jane told her.

"My parents told me about her," Audrey said, remembering her parent's story. "She and her gang raided my parent's wedding, stealing every valuable item they could find."

Before Ben could listen any longer, someone tapped his shoulder. He turned to see Chad, who was in his robe.

"What are you doing?" His friend asked. Ben shushed him and went back to listening to Audrey and Jane.

*****************************
April 12, 1912

Audrey was in her room with Jane, both talking about what originally happened with the door slightly closed. Someone just so happened to overhear the conversation.

"I know that's not what happened," Jane said her, getting the bed ready for her friend. Audrey was sitting in front of the mirror, brushing her hair.

"I know, but he wasn't trying to steal from us," Audrey told her. "He stopped Mal from taking the diamond."

"The blonde woman looks like Maleficent," This caught Audrey's attention.

"Maleficent?"

"Some theorize she had a daughter a few years back,"

"My parents told me about her," Audrey said, remembering her parent's story. "She and her gang raided my parent's wedding, stealing every valuable item they could find."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know,"

"It's all right, that's in the past," It was quiet and Jane changed the subject.

"When we first boarded the Titanic, I noticed you looking at the man who 'saved' you. You saw him when you went outside with Ben,"

"I want to talk to him,"