Chapter 12- Just Yell

*Not Edited*

_____________________________

April 13, 1912

As Ben and Mal looked at the vast ocean, being found by Jay and Audrey followed by Evie. Chad left them to join Adam in the smoking room. Each of the lower-class exchanged what they talked about, the reason their on the Titanic.

"I must admit," Ben said. "You four had such a difficult life."

"We managed with what we had,"

"But you never told me one thing, Mal," they all looked at Ben in confusion. "Why were you going to jump off the boat?"

Mal didn't say anything, thinking about what would happen if Ben didn't save her if she did jump off. Ben and Audrey would have dropped the necklace and engagement rings, the couple would feel tapped for the rest of their lives, and Evie would feel devastated if her best friend was gone.

"When we reach New York, I know my mother would try to find me. I haven't seen her in years after I failed to complete my mission. If I ended my life, then I would never disappoint her again,"

"I'm glad I stopped you," Ben told her.

"Why?"

"You have more to offer the world than you realize," Mal smiled, feeling comfortable.

"We may have had different lives than you," Jay said, getting everyone's attention. "But at least we got to do what we wanted to,"

"Why can't we be like you all?" Audrey asked. "To just run away and be free,"

"You could,"

"You know Ben's father and my parents won't allow it. I just feel so trapped, I could scream,"

"Then do it,"

"What?" The rich woman questioned.

"Just scream," Jay repeated. "Get all your anger out,"

"I'm not going to scream,"

"We're in the middle of the ocean," Mal said.

"With almost 2,000 people in one boat," Audrey argued.

"Your scared, that's what's holding you back," Jay addressed to her.

"I'm not going to do it,"

Jay smirked. He looked at the sky and yelled as loud as he could, ignoring the startled passengers. Mal joined him, followed by Evie. Audrey and Ben laughed, while Carlos and Jane saw what the three were doing. Carlos joined the little session, howling loudly. They all stopped, breathing heavily. Jay looked at Audrey, who couldn't help but smile.

"You're crazy!" Audrey exclaimed to them.

"Aren't we all at some point in life?" Mal said.

"Haven't ever done so outrageous, it's unbelievable?" Jay asked her.

"No,"

"Just scream,"

Audrey hesitated for a moment, then yelled. A few of the bystanders gave her odd looks. She stopped and smiled.

"How do you feel?" Jay asked her.

"Honestly, I feel like I can do anything," She laughed.

"You can," Jay smiled. "If you're not scared to do it."

They looked at each other and smiled. For the first time, Audrey forgot about her perfect rich life and only thought about Jay

"So, Mal," Ben said to her, breaking the small trance of the rich woman, "How exactly did you win the tickets?"

"Well, I won an arm-wrestle,"

"Please," Jay scoffed. Mal look at him, a bit annoyed.

"What?"

"Women aren't strong enough to do a man's job," Mal looked at him in shock, as did Evie, Audrey, and Jane.

Bella was out on the deck with the Molly Brown and a few other women. They looked out to the ocean, seeing the sunlight shimmering on the water. Bella calmly walked, then saw some passengers who looked too familiar.

"Fine. Why don't I just show you how I won?" The blonde woman placed her elbow on the railing and her hand open. Jay smirked and accepted the challenge.

"I not gonna go easy on you," the man warned. Mal nodded and Ben held onto their hands, making sure no one was cheating.

"One, two, three!" He counted. When he released them, Mal did what she did before. She licked her hand and pushed Jay's hand over the railing. Bella was disgusted by this action, certainly unladylike, though hid her feeling.

"Ew!" Jay exclaimed in disgust. He wiped his hand on his pants, quickly drying it.

"I win!" Mal said, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Miss Bella!" Jane exclaimed in surprise. Everyone turned around, seeing a group women approach them. Mal wiped the saliva off her hand with her trousers, trying to look somewhat presentable.

"Dear cousin, Molly Brown Countess," Ben said to Bella and cleared his throat, "May I introduce you all to Mal Dawson, Evie De Rossi, Jay Ryan, and Carlos De Vil."

"Charmed, I'm sure."

The women were curious about the heroic action of the four lower-class passengers, but Bella only saw them as nothing more than a rat.

A trumpet horn was blown on the deck, signifying that it was time for dinner.

"Shall we go get ready?" Audrey said to her. She looked back at Jay and smiled before leaving with Bella and Jane

"I'll see you four at dinner." Ben smiled at them. The third-class friends nodded. The young man turned around, but Mal's eyes could turn away.

"Excuse me," Molly Brown called out, getting the four's attention. "Do any of you have any idea what you're doing?"

"Not really," Jay honestly chuckled.

"Well, you're about to go into the snakepit. What are you all planning to wear?"

The four looked down to see their attire which wasn't very suitable for a fancy dinner, especially since she was in what is considered men's clothing. Mal shrugged, and Molly Brown sighed.

"Come with me, I might have something for the four of you."

************************************

Author's Note:   I am so sorry that I haven't updated in soo long. I am not dead, I am in college and I should be focusing on my studies. Whenever I have time, I write a bit of whatever chapter I'm working on, cause I have like four other books I need to work on.

I haven't forgotten about this book, and I do plan on continuing this and possibly adding a sequel to it. I'll update as soon as I can.

!!!Thanks for Reading!!!