Chapter 26- Tick Tock

*Not Edited*
____________________

In Lifeboat 6, Molly Brown and a few other women rowed. She stopped and looked back at the ship. It was now slanted. Another rocket lit up the area, making the lifeboats in the water visible. Though Molly suggested they should go back, Quartermaster Hitchins ordered to row away.

In the meantime, panic grew stronger at the stern. The crowd was now a mix of all three classes and the officers warned the man to stay away from the boats, yet they come closers.

The officer had enough of this. He pulled out his gun and aimed at the men. They all stopped in there place.

"Stand back!" He yelled loudly for everyone to hear. "Or I'll shoot you all like wild animals. Get back and keep order!"

The men did so. The officer turned and guided the others to lower the boats while he began to load his weapon.

****************************

Kit and Cal walked out on the deck, seeing most of the lifeboats leaving. They heard gunshots and many pushing and shoving their way to a lifeboat. Dogs passed by them, some released them.

"It's starting to fall apart," Adam muttered. "We don't have much time,"

He sees Murdoch walk by, heading to the bow of the ship. He caught up with him, close beside him. "Mr. Murdoch, I'm a businessman as you know, and I have a business proposal for you."

****************************

Ben, Mal, and the other burst through the crewman door, not a lifeboat to be seen. Ben ran to the railing and leaned over, trying to see if there were any boats left.

"I think I see some!" He said to his friends. "All the way at the bow. Come on!"

They sprint to the front, which was like running down a hill. They ran past by the orchestra, which continued to play music. Music to drown in, now they knew they were in first class.

"We soon reached a crowd of people near a lifeboat, it was beginning to load."

On the port side, a Lightoller was getting women and children into the lifeboat. He kept a pistol in one hand, making sure no men tried to shove to get on. They could hear the water cascade into the ship, filling the rooms below them.

Ben turned to the men of the group and told them, "You all should check the other side, I'll make sure the ladies get on,"

The men, minus Chad, gave one last hug to their significant other over their lifejackets. Carlos told them, "We'll to meet up with you later."

"Promise?" Audrey asked.

"Promise," They turned around, an ran through the bridge.

Mal shivered in Ben's arms, both because of fear and coldness. She saw children begging for their father's to come with them, while they told them to be good to their mother. One man wrote a note and folded it, handing it to a woman on the lifeboat, telling her to give it to his wife in Iowa.

The woman turned the man and shook her head. "I'm not going on without you,"

"Get in," Ben said. Mal noticed Audrey climbing in, as well as Jane and Evie.

"Ben!" They all looked to see Adam and Kit coming up to them. Audrey, wearing a cloak, covered herself and Jane, making sure they weren't seen.

"My God! Look at you," He exclaimed at his son, taking off his coat. Ben looked at his appearance, seeing his clothes were wet and practically torn