Chapter 21- Answered Questions

*Not Edited*

In case you're wondering, I did not include the moment in the scene where they do 'it' in the car.

____________________

**April, 14 1912**

The Titanic glided through the water, which was calm and almost looks black. The ships lights were mirrored in the water, the sky illuminated with millions of stars. The captain peered at the blackness, holding his cup of tea. He retired for the night, ordering Second Officer Lightoller to maintain the speed.

Back in the DeWitt Bukater suite, Mal looked out on the balcony, seeing the clear stars in the sky and feeling the cold wind blow through the window.

The young woman couldn't stop thinking about the Heart of the Ocean, that was literally in the next room. She went back to the sitting room and pulled out the newspaper that showed the article of her crime that was in her leather bag.

She read it over, practically memorizing the whole story. She pulled out her drawings and saw one of the women she killed. Mal drew it from memory, the last moment she saw Belle. The drawing was the rich woman laying on the ground, darkness around her. The poor woman began to cry, saddened by what she grew up in.

She was the daughter of a criminal, a no good street-rat. She grew up in thievery, yet Belle was the first one who ever showed her any kindness and not afraid of her.

Mal heard a door open. She turns to see Ben appearing from his room, in his trousers and white dress shirt, one of his less expensive attire. The woman quickly hid the drawing in the newspaper, yet Ben noticed her tears and became worried.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing," Mal quickly wiped her tears. "It's just, I wonder what will happen when we arrive in America? What will happen to us?"

He looked down, nervous and anxious about her reaction. "Yeah, about that-"

Ben stopped, hearing a key unlock. He quickly pulled Mal up and led her out of the room, leaving her scattered artwork and newspaper on the small table.

"My drawings," She whispered.

"We'll come back," Ben told her.

"Sir Ben," They heard. It was Kit. Ben pulled Mal to a door that led to a new hallway. He quickly closed the door. The two quickly walked to the B deck foyer when they heard a door open. Both looked, seeing Kit come out the door. He begins to hustle, and Ben and Mal broke into a run.

A few ladies and gentlemen while Ben led Mal down the stairs and to the elevators. They ran into one, shocking the operator.

"Take us down," Ben ushered him. "Quickly!"

The Operator scrambled to obey while Mal closed the steel gate. Kit ran up to the gate, seeing the lift go down with Mal and Ben in it. He slammed on the gate in anger, while Ben lifted his middle finger. Kit disappeared above.

Mal and Ben ended up going down to the E-foyer. They ran to the stairs, taking them to F-Deck. They couldn't stop laughing.

"He's pretty tough for a valet," Mal laughed, catching her breath and leaned against the wall. "Seems more like a cop. I would know,"

"I think he was," Ben said. "My grandfather hire him to keep my father out of trouble. To keep him straight if he's in the bars and such,"

Mal smiled, then noticed Kit through the door window. He charged over them as Ben and Mal. The couple turned to a corner, leading to a dead end. Ben looked around, seeing a door that is marked CREW ONLY. He opened it, taking them both in a roaring fan room.