-

"Can I get my book from my locker?"

"Michael, this is the third time. Come to class prepared next time, okay?"

"Yes Mrs. Johnson." Michael took the pass and left to his locker to get his book.

"Mikey! Wait up!"

Michael turned and saw Calum coming out of the bathroom.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Michael asked as they walked to his locker.

"Just had to go to the bathroom." Calum laughed. "What about you?"

"Forgot my book again." He dialed his combination and the locker swung open.

A tiny note fell out and landed at their feet.

"What's this?" Mikey picked it up.

"Hey, I got a note today too." Calum said as Mikey opened the note. "What's it say?"

"Your secret isn't safe with me." Michael read. He looked up at Calum. "What secret?"

"I don't know, what's your secret?"

Michael laughed. "As if I'd tell you."

They started walking back after Michael grabbed the book.

Calum pouted. "But I'm your best friend! We know each others secrets!"

"Trust me Cal, there's at least one thing people don't want the world to know about them. And now this guy knows mine...."

-

"You look nice Luke." Ashton giggled as Luke picked him up for the party tonight.

"You look better." Luke smiled as Ashton climbs into the passenger seat. "Do you have the directions?"

"Yeah they're on the invite." Ashton pulled out the orange and black party invitation. "Take a left up here."

Luke pulled up to a large house a few minutes later. Cars were parked up and down the street and people were crowded around the lawn. Even more people were inside.

"Were we supposed to dress up?" Luke asked as they got out and started walking inside.

"I don't think so." Ashton adjusted his bandana.

"Good." Luke wasn't in the mood to dress up to stupid Josh's stupid party.

"Let's go inside." Ashton held the door open for him.

Luke grabbed Ashton's hand and walked in, taking in everything.

He walked around, trying to find a clear space in the crowded house to stop but there seemed to even be people on the ceiling.

He huffed in frustration and was about to face Ashton and ask to leave when he felt something get pressed into his hand.

He looked down and opened his hand, seeing a piece of paper on his palm.

Keep what you love close.

He looked up and around, but he couldn't tell who had given him the note among the throng of people. (And no, that did not say thong)

He looked behind him. "Ashton?"

But his hand was empty.

-

Ashton was following Luke when cold fingers suddenly grabbed his wrist and yanked him away.

"Hey!" He exclaimed, trying to tug his hand back as the person dragged him away from Luke.