Besides, they always fought, but he wasn't in a mood to hear their bickering.

"Me, jealous? Of you?"

"Yes Ronald, you are jealous."

"Hermione I am not jealous. I have better things to do than be jealous of you."

"Really? I didn't know." Hermione said, sarcastically.

"Actually I-"

"Will the two of you shut it?" Snapped Harry.

Both of them fell silent.

After what felt like eternity, Professor McGonagall stood up. The hall fell silent.

"As you all know, this year, Hogwarts will be the host of the Great Ball, in honour of everyone who died in the battle, and saved the wizarding world from catastrophe." Then she paused. "Please welcome the lovely ladies of the Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, and their Headmistress, Madam Maxime!"

And then the door burst open with beautiful girls and handsome boys, making their way to the front in fashion. The girls sighed and butterflies emerged, and the boys straitened their collars and a three note song played. Everything they did was so graceful.

Then they performed a dance which included a lot of sighing (and butterflies) and sashes.

The Hogwarts students clapped enthusiastically and the Beauxbatons bowed and took their seats.

"And now, please welcome the proud sons and daughters of the Durmstrang institute, with their Headmaster, Mr. Krikor!"

Krikor was a new headmaster. When they looked at each other puzzled, Hermione said "Karkaroff was removed." When they looked at her questioningly Harry laughed and said "He was a Death Ester, remember?"

Then the door burst open once more and Durmstrang boys and girls entered, carrying a well-crafted staff. When they banged it on the ground, their staff caught fire, and they used it for their performance, doing tricks and difficult formations.

The students clapped enthusiastically once more, whooping and cheering.

The Durmstrang gave a short bow and made their way to their seats.

"And now," Professor McGonagall said, smiling at the students,"Hogwarts will welcome their guest by singing. Professor Flitwick, if you please."

Professor Flitwick nodded and made his way to the front. "Stand." He told the Hogwarts students and they obeyed. With a flick of his wand, music started and they began to sing.

Hogwarts, Hogwarts Hoggy Hoggy Hogwarts ,
Teach us something please?

And the song went on. The other students clapped for Hogwarts as they sat down.

Hermione looked for Viktor as she sat. She saw Viktor and waved at him. He grinned.

"I welcome all of you to Hogwarts. Thank you for coming to here, and even suggesting to come here to offer you're condolences. It means a great deal to us.

"Now, there are some rules and regulations I must inform you about. Moving about the school at night is forbidden. I'm sure each of you have received you're staying quarters? Good. Also, please do not go into the forbidden Forest, or roam the school grounds after evening.

"Before you leave, after the Great Ball, we would like to have a friendly Quidditch match with each school on Wednesday, after the ball this Saturday. Do not worry about you're Quidditch supplies, they have been brought." Professor McGonagall added after looking at the shocked faces and the murmurs that ran through the hall.