Occulemency

Harry, Hermione and Ron sat in front of Professor McGonagall's desk, waiting politely for her, Dumbledore and Aberforth to finish talking. Harry had earlier managed to call a DA meeting, and it was decided that they test students who wish to join the DA.  The test was to take place before the Great Ball. Ginny had also organized the Quidditch tryouts and Harry and Ron made the team with Harry as Seeker, Ron as keeper and Ginny, another girl called Qiannah and her brother Elliot as chasers. Harris and Tom were third years and excellent beaters who joined the team.

"Are you sure, Ginny? I can always try to be a chaser..." Harry had asked her uncertainly.

Ginny laughed. "Of course it's fine, Harry! I wanted to be a chaser anyway."

They however did not start patrolling, because Professor McGonagall asked them not to until the castle was completely secure.

"Well," Started Professor McGonagall, smiling at them. "Occulemency is the art of stoping someone from entering or reading, let's say, your mind. It is very important."

Hermione and Harry nodded.

"Now," said Professor Aberforth,"You must try and stop us from entering your mind. You must have sheer will and concentrate hard. You must fight it. Now, we'll start with Ronald. Come forward, Ron."

Ron gulped and stepped forward.

"Fight me."

Then Aberforth pointed the wand to Ron and entered Ron's mind.

"Stop!" Shouted Ron, gripping the table. Ron felt pain, unbearable pain.

He pushed the table aside with one hand.

Hermione and Harry stared at him. Who knew he was that strong? Hermione thought.

"Get a grip of yourself! Try and fight it!" Shouted Aberforth to him.

"I-I can't!" Said Ron, trying so hard to fight it. "Stop." Ron said, sweating.

Aberforth stopped immediately.

"You must try harder, Ronald. Because that was just a little bit. Death Eaters are bound to try harder. You did give me a little resistance, though. Good job, Ron." Aberforth said.

A sweating Ron looked blank as he sat down. "I didn't know it would hurt!"

Aberforth chuckled. "It doesn't, usually. But against Death Eaters? You can never expect anything less."

Professor McGonagall nodded. She looked at Harry, motioning him to come forward. He looked nervous as he went to the professor.

"You know what to do." Professor McGonagall said, and Harry nodded. Then she pointed her wand at as she entered him his mind.

Memories swirled around and he knew the professor could see them. It was the memory of his mother and father, Sirius and Lupin and the resurrection stone, in the forest.

Harry screamed.

"Try harder Potter, harder!" Professor shouted at him, over his scream.

"No-no!" Said Harry.

"Come on, Harry!" Encouraged Aberforth.

"I'm t-trying." Said Harry.

I have to do this. Come on, I can do this! Harry thought.