Compensations and ultimatums

"What does Malfoy mean when he says you three will live together without me?" Asked Ron frantically.

Draco laughed."I always thought you were stupid, and you just confirmed it."

"Shut up, Malfoy." Said Ron. "Harry, Hermione, really?"

Hermione sighed. "Yes Ron, me, Ginny, Harry and Malfoy are sharing a suite."

"Bloody hell, that is." Ron said, furiously chewing his food. "I feel sorry for you, though. Having share a room with that git will be awful Harry."

"Thanks Ron." Harry said, deadpan. "I'm sure Malfoy would be happy, knowing he shares a room with his enemy."

"Right you are, Potter. I'm as excited as you are." Draco said dryly.

Hermione folded her arms. "What are you doing here Malfoy? Don't you have to be with  darling Parkinson, at the Slytherin table, discussing how to INSULT US?"

Malfoy sniggered. "I already know how to insult you three, without Pansy's help. But since we'll be living together, I thought I might get to know you. Unfortunately though,  I  have to spend my time getting to know the both the Weasels," He said and leaned over to Hermione (and she unsuccessfully tried to push him away), "And we both know you have a mission to change the Slytherin Prince and the purest-blood member-probably of this school, most probably into a good-for-nothing Gryffindor." He whispered.

"Well these good-for-nothing Gryffindors kicked Voldemort's ass and saved yours." Hermione hissed at him.

Draco laughed maliciously. "That was once, Granger. Get over yourself. And let me give you a tip; don't waste you're time trying to change me. You and me both know I'm past that."

Hermione and Draco stared at each other.

Harry coughed.

"If you're done Malfoy," He said in a cool and dangerous voice, "Back away from her."

Draco broke the staring-till-the-other-one-dies competition and looked at Harry.

"I will do what I like, Potter. Now, seeing that we are getting along so well, I think I'll start my getting-to-know-these-stupid-Gryffindors with the Weaslette. Im going to take her somewhere she might like. I wonder where she is now." Malfoy said, getting up and looking around for Ginny.

"No!" Shouted Harry and Ron at the same time, standing up and pulling out their wands. Hermione pulled all three of them down."There's no need for those." she said, trying to make Harry, Ron and Draco, who were sitting down but still pointed their wands at each other.

Hermione gave and exasperated sigh and turned to Draco. "Put you're wand down Malfoy. NOW!" 

Draco turned to her, rolled his eyes and slowly lowered his wand. Harry and Ron did the same.

"Looks like the Weaslette is ruled out. Who should I start with?" He wondered out loud, faking to be in deep thought.

Ron snorted. "Is that really necessary, ferret? You said we are good-for-nothing, remember? So why not leave us alone?"

"Because I have to become a good little Gryffindor boy." Draco said, imitating a high pitched girl.

"I think you can start with me, Malfoy." Said Harry, coolly. "Let's get this over with."

Malfoy laughed. "You, Potter? You? Never."

Harry kept his clam."Then who?"

"Granger."

Hermione's eyes widened, and so did Harry's and Ron's.

"No." Harry said calmly.

"What do you mean no?"

Ron cleared his throat. "No Malfoy, you will not start with Hermione. Start with me."

"Wow. What's with the no-Granger take Weasel, no-Weaslette take Potter? I'm not going to kill her, if that's what you're afraid of. And as for you Weasley, I think you're just as bad as Potter. I'm taking the mud- Granger, I mean."

Harry raised his eyebrows, trying to keep his cool. "I thought you hate her kind."

"I- I do! But I think I should first take her on since out of the four of you, since the Weaslette is out, she seems more sensible than any of you." Draco said, overcoming his nervousness as quickly as it came.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Of course I'm smarter than even you, Malfoy. But I'm not going wherever you plan to take me to get to know my sensible self."

It was Draco's turn to raise his eyebrows. "Then I assume I can ask the Weaslette first? It's either you or her."

"How dare you give her an ultimatum?" Harry said, loosing his cool.

Draco smiled innocently. "As I said before, Potter. I do what I want. Now, which one of you will I get to know first?"

At that moment Ginny walked in. "Hey guys," she said, then narrowing her eyes at Malfoy, "What's the ferret doing here?"

Draco gave a obvious fake smile. "Ah, there you are, Weaslette! Just in time for-"

"No!"

"Don't you dare!"

"I'll go with you!"

Harry, Ron and Hermione all said at the same time.

"Umm, what going on?" Asked a confused Ginny.

"What did you say, Granger?" Asked Draco, ignoring Ginny.

"'Mione-" started Harry.

"Do you want Ginny to go then, Harry?" Hemeione snapped.

"No but-"

"Go where?" Ginny asked again.

"We're wasting time here! Don't you see? This git isn't going anywhere until one of us go!" She said furiously, ignoring Ginny.

Ron looked at her wide-eyed. "You seriously won't go, would you?"

"I will Ronald." She said getting up.

"Go where?" Ginny asked, impatiently.

"Hermione... Just be careful." Said Harry.

"I will." Hermione said. She turned to Draco, who was watching the scene humorously.

"Lead the way, Malfoy."

Then the two of them left the great hall, with an uncomfortable Harry, a furious Ron and a confused Ginny staring after them.