Pairing up

Hermione came to a screeching halt outside the transfiguration classroom which attracted the attention of all the students and the Professor too. Draco came a second later.

"Who knew you could run so fast?" He said, panting.

Hermione gave him a very angry-yet-embarrassed look. He raised his eyebrow and she pointed to the class that was starting at them.

"Oh," He said, looking at the class, and then at Professor McGonagall, "I've brought her, Professor!"

Professor McGonagall was tapping her foot impatiently. "Oh yes you have, Mr. Malfoy, only twenty minutes late. May I ask you what took you so long?"

Draco looked shocked and then quickly recovered himself. Twenty minutes? He thought. That long?

"Well, since you asked," he paused before he continued, "Granger over here decided that she wanted to finish reading her book about... Nargles?"

Hermione gasped."No Professor, that's not true! Malfoy distracted me by asking me questions."

Draco turned to look at Hermione, "Questions? It was one simple question! It wouldn't even take a second to answer!"

Hermione was about to retort when Professor McGonagall held up her hand for silence, looking at Draco, narrowing her eyes.

"Fine," she said, "Sit. But don't be late next time. As heads you need to show more discipline!"

Hermione shot Draco an angry look before she sat down next to Harry and the class continued as if nothing had happened.

Time flew by. Before they knew it, they had Defence Against the Dark Arts with Aberforth.

"Professor," Hermione corrected. "He's Professor now, Ron."

Hermione was dragging Harry and Ron to class.

"Oh yeah. I forgot. Hermione, don't you think we're a bit too early? Nobody's in the classroom-" but Ron shut up when Hermione gave him a look.

They took their seats and waited for the professor.

"Wonder what he'll teach us this year. We already know about everything about this class, don't you think? I mean, at least most of it."

Harry and Hermione looked at him.

"Ron, I'm sure we haven't learnt everything, though we do know about lots of stuff." Said Harry.

"Oh yes, Harry. We haven't learnt everything. We're actually far from completing our knowledge on Defence Against the Dark Arts. Ron, you sill can't cast a decent wordless spell. We haven't learnt about anything advanced like the spell of Dublicia or wandless magic-"

"Quite right, Miss Granger." Said Professor Aberforth, entering the classroom. "You haven't learnt anything advanced at all. Except, of course, the DA classes you had. Apart from those, not much. And, am I supposed to expect to see you lot ten minutes earlier in class everyday?"

Harry broke into a smile, seeing the Professor. "I don't know, Professor. That completely depends on Hermione."

Professor Aberforth nodded, smiling. Hermione raised her hand before she could stop herself.