The Battle

Draco tried casting a spell again. Hermione blocked it. Again.

"Now Granger, acting tough, huh?"

"What Malfoy, this is tough for you?"

Draco smirked. "No, not at all."

He cast a spell again, which she blocked.

"Fine. Let's play this game."

He cast a series of spells that Hermione knew they hadn't learnt. Thank Goodness I spend time in the library reading up all those spells, she thought.

They started circling each other. Then Draco rapid fired spells, which she threw off with difficulty.

This is going to be tough, Draco thought. How will I disarm her? Oh if I could enter her mind! For a minute he thought he would, but remembered what Hermione said.

Keep your word.

So Draco turned away from her, picking up his copy and reading through some lines before he cast another wordless spell her way, one after the other, his wand shining with blue and red sparks. He continued to do that and Hermione found it difficult to throw off his spells.

"Dublosia Stupefy!" He shouted, and Hermione felt a strong force approaching her before his spell managed to break through the shield, making Hermione stumble backwards, though her wand was still in her hand.

"Expelliarmus" she shouted and he cast his shield a little too late. His wand was out of his hand again.

"That's not fair, Granger. You said the spell out loud." He complained.

She laughed. "Not fair? You said the spell out loud first. And besides, saying the spell out loud gives you a warning to be prepared, you know."

"Expelliarmus!" He shouted and Hermione's wand flew out of her hand and hit the wall behind her, but she caught.

Hermione waved her wand in front of him and shouted "Expelliarmus!"

But Draco had been expecting this and shouted "Protego!" Just in time.

Hermione was expressionless. Draco smirked.

"Let's do verbal spells so you can have it easy."

Hermione scoffed. "If it's anyone who needs it easy, it's you Malfoy."

He narrowed his eyes.

"Confoundus."

"Protego."

"Expelliarmus."

"Protego."

"Dublosia Expelliarmus."

Before she could control herself she shouted "Protego Maxima!"

Then a blue barrier formed between herself and Draco, coming out with such a force that pushed them both backwards, making Hermione hit the wall and Draco fell down.

He tried casting spells but all in vain.

"What did you do?" He asked in awe.

"I think I just shielded myself with the most powerful shield magic could conjure." She said, slightly dumbfounded.