Blake: You going to help him, or do you want me to?

Yang: I got this one. You keep reading.

Blake nodded while Yang threw her sponge to a side sink and washed her hands real quick to get your order ready.

(Y/N): Deep cleaning again?

Yang: Yeah. Store owner wants me to since I have the cybernetic. Says it's a "liability" since it isn't organic.

(Y/N): Screw that guy.

Yang: Yeah, he's a jerk.

(Y/N): But that has to be a nice addition. A girl not afraid to get dirty.

Yang: (Smirks) Depends on the situation.

(Y/N): (Smirks back) What to show me an example?

Yang: I'm on the clock here, (Y/N). Can't have a dirty conversation with you now.

(Y/N): (Raises hands in defense) Just asking about the job. That's all.

Yang: Sure. (Dries hands and walks back over to the counter) So, what can I get you?

A small blush appeared on your face as the angle Yang was leaning on gave you a full view of her cleavage. You had no idea if she was aware of it or not. You shook your head and got back into focus. You took a deep breath as you were about to complete your goal.

(Y/N): How about a date?

Yang smiled and nodded.

Yang: Got it, one date coffee coming right up. At this point, I might as well make it a smoothie. By the way, we do offer those now so, might as well get you one. You want mango with that?

You had no idea if Yang was just playing around or actually being that dense to you or your question. Normally, you would just play along and agree to the mango but today was the day you wanted to get through to her in some form or another. So, you took in another deep breath to clarify what you actually meant.

(Y/N): I was kinda thinking you and I just go out. Like hang out. I mean. Like, a movie or something like that.

Yang's smile dropped and a blush formed on her cheeks. Your heart was racing over 1000 miles per hour as she looked at you completely dumb founded.

Yang: Like, a date DATE?

(Y/N): Yeah, like dinner and a movie. Netfilx and Chill?

Yang's cheeks turned even more read as you slapped yourself in the face for saying that last bit.

She keeps staring at you with a massive blush all while Blake has been listening for the entire conversation, yet paying no attention.

Yang: That...would be nice.

You were torn between shouting out in victory and collapsing to the ground in relief. You settled in the middle by smirking and ordering an actual smoothie. When Yang walked away to go blend your sweet treat, Blake dropped her book from her face and tore into you with her catlike eyes.

(Y/N): See something you like?

Blake: Break her heart, and I'll break you.

(Y/N): Fair point. But who do I get if she breaks mine?

Blake: Someone who actually likes you.

(Y/N): Emerald and Mercury, got it.

You two stared down one another for the next few minutes until Yang actually came back with your smoothie. A date smoothie with a few mangos and bananas thrown into the mix of it all. You thanked her and she returned with a smile on her face. You payed and tried out the drink. You then noticed a series of numbers written along the cup.

(Y/N): Three billion, six hundred twenty-seven million, four hundred twenty-three thousand, nine hundred ninety-two? I thought you said it was slow. You're already in the billions?

Blake: It's her phone number you idiot.

(Y/N): Oh, uh, thanks.

Yang: Just thought we could work out details of the date. And now I can spam you with memes and other painful things.

(Y/N): Just make sure they're not January memes. Those things are the worst!

Yang: I know right!

(Y/N): Well, uh, thanks for the smoothie and (Points to the number) this.

Yang: Yeah. Uh, thanks for business.

You walked on back to your shop while having the largest, dumbest grin on your face. Back at the coffee shop, Blake has a deadpanned look on her while Yang has a massive smile.

Blake: He's an idiot.

Yang: Cute one though.

Blake: That's debatable.

Yang: Says the emo with a crush on the guy that works at the surf-shop.

Blake: Yang, I told you that in confidence.

Yang laughed to herself as you walked back to your job. Once you got inside, both Emerald and Mercury saw you with the smile.

Mercury: What's gotten into you? What you got her number or something.

The dead silence was their answer.

Emerald: Shit. He did.

(Y/N): Damn right I did. And I've got a date.

Best work day of your life.