Roses I (Chanwoo)

"White." The boy across you muttered. Hanbin laughed, the others looked at him with confusion.

"Are you serious?"

"I prefer white." He retorted emotionlessly.

"Just give him the white one, for goodness sake!" Jinhwan, almost pissed, scratched his head from frustration. The guys are making a big deal out of the handkerchiefs you have to use for the dance presentation today as if holding a yellow hankie is any different from holding a black hankie and so as white or red.

"White doesn't suit you and your soul at all!" Bobby, the one who wants to use white as well, dissed as if he's any better.

"Right. He's more of a red."

"Black, you mean." Donghyuk and Junhoe added, earning a chuckle from you which immediately faded when Chanwoo answered back.

"Why do you guys care about my preference so much? I like white, that's it!"

"Okay, enough with that." You interrupted them from creating another big fight over something petty. You don't get what's there to be pissed over a handkerchief. "I'll just take the red hankie, you can use the white one."

"Are you sure?" Chanwoo laid his dazzling eyes on you. He wanted Bobby to take the red one, he didn't mean you. It's not a big deal though, he just doesn't want to give it up for Bobby.

"Yeah of course. It's just props." And you're willing to give up more than this hankie for him, if he only knows.

"It's just props?" He repeated. You think it's actually nothing to receive that kind of reaction but Chanwoo thinks otherwise. It's not just a white hanky for him, there's this familiarity in that piece if cloth because it's what he used all throughout your rehearsals but he doesn't want to explain himself.

"But I also like this- red, like rose." You shrugged.

"Wow, Chanwoo. Are you that obsessed with white?" Bobby even had the guts to say something when he's no different.

"I never said I won't take the red one. I just don't want to give it up for you." They raised eyebrows on each other and made faces as if their little kids fighting over a toy. The boys shook their head in disbelief.

Despite if the childish happenings before the performance, everything went well. Regardless of the colors of the handkerchiefs you held, you presented as you practiced and maybe even better. You received claps and praises for the good choreography too. Of course, if Hanbin's in the team it can never go wrong.

"Congrats to us!" Jinhwan cheered, starting to give big, quick hugs to everyone.

"Way to graduation!" The other members hugged each other as well and you found yourself just randomly hugging a member after one. You give your best friend, Donghyuk, the biggest one as he lifted you slightly while you sink in his arms.

"Thank you for your effort and for keeping up with my childish friends."

"Your friends did the job and I never had to put up, they're still pretty normal." All you did was cooperate and react to their jokes from time to time. It was more of a healing moment for you and a time to get closer to Donghyuk's friends after meeting them for over a year.

Bobby also hugged you, patted your head and gave you a wide smile. You felt this sense of safety with him again like how it would be to have an older brother. "Thank you, Donghyuk's girl."

"Stop that!" You threw a light punch to his stomach before smiling back. His eyes are disappearing. "Thank you too."

Then it was Chanwoo. You didn't expect him to hug you but he just extended his arms and you slowly wrapped yourself in it. He smelled like wild berries and chocolate combined, the kind of scent you'd gladly inhale.