Successful Fan (Hanbin)

“Hey whatcha doooooing?” He tugged your shirt as he whined for your attention. You were busy with your phone and your earphones when he did. “Listening to that B.I.’s songs again. Why did I even ask?”

“Shhh.”

“Let’s eat. Let’s eat. Let’s eaaaaat.”

“Ugh, Wang Jackson. Please?”

“Why? Come on let’s go.”

“You better focus on your unpolished routine. Don’t ever think of eating.” You closed your eyes so you can absorb the new music B.I. released which was entitled WYD. The lyrics are just too sweet and adorable that you couldn’t help but imagine it was you he was rapping for. You were deeply into it when Jackson pulled the earphones on your right ear. “Hey!”

“This is why people find you mysterious. Look at our group, everyone is enjoying this break together but here you are drowning yourself in his music.” You looked around and he was right. “It’s not even worth listening to.”

“Seriously Wang Jack? I know that you think he’s you’re rival but you should learn to admit that he composes well.” In your department, Jackson scored the highest in music. And being such an ambitious person, he started writing his own songs too but if you are to ask, of course there’s no way he could be even close to how Music Department kids do and the biggest problem here is that he likes EDM too much.

“Rival??? Psh. I hate that B.I., whoever he is. You haven’t seen him at all and yet he always manages to steal your attention from me.” He sulked and you chuckled when he did.

He may be this loud and annoying friend that sucks the patience you have left all the time but there are moments when he’s like a cute little puppy begging for some food from his owner.

“Oh, goosebumps. Fine, let’s eat.” You pulled Jackson up just so he would stop his dramatic monologues.

If people in your department think you’re mysterious, they might not know B.I.. You, at least, have a much known face to everyone. It’s just that you’re not talkative and you’re not sociable. But B.I., from his face to his character, everything is hidden. You have no idea how he looks or even his real name. Except for the people in the Music Department, no one knows who he really is and because you are part of the Dance Department, you are one of the people who just know him by his alias. That makes it harder for anyone to believe that you like this guy. All you are sure of is, is that his songs are a great relief in hard times. The music he creates heals you whenever there are troubles that bother you.

B.I. is a part of a fixed 7-member boy group named iKON and you are part of this growing 8-member mixed gender group. The best students of both departments were chosen by the heads and were formed into one group. The situation itself makes it harder for you to reach him. You may be both at the top but you still won’t meet because being at the top of different worlds is a whole new story.

°°°°°

The last class of the day, Language, suddenly became a free time for all. The professor had an urgent meeting so he won’t be able to attend this boring class of his. By boring you mean really boring. The classroom itself is located at the old building where the library is. Therefore, seldom are there students passing by. It was always silent and cold there which makes sleep visit everyone easily.

And because it’s vacant, your annoying friend left his seat to bug you once more.

“Hey, hey, heyyyy,-”

“Jackson, please don’t bother me today. I feel like my lower body is being separated from my upper body.” It was the time of the month, 2nd day to be exactly worse, the heaviest and most painful day of that period. Jackson isn’t much of a help whenever this time happens, he’s more of a nuisance like he always is.