Love Scenario II (Jinhwan)

"H-Hi." You stuttered awkwardly.

"Hi." He couldn't even hide the smile on his face when he heard your voice again. Something in him wants to initiate a longer conversation. "It's been a while. How are you?"

"Great." Your words were short and straight because you keep on reminding yourself that this is your ex boyfriend you're talking to.

"Obviously." He wouldn't be this captured by your presence since earlier when he saw you with Hanbin if you weren't doing great. Something is different about you, he couldn't tell exactly what it is but he's just stunned by the beauty before him. "You look good."

It's definitely the dress.

If he only knew that you looked this beautiful in one, he would have bought you hundreds of it before.

Or maybe the beer. He had too much.

"Thanks." You gave him a small smile as your cheeks flush from the compliment.

There wasn't anything to talk about after that. Asking how each other had been all this time sounds wrong since it's the same as asking how you both were after losing each other. You stuck to the concept of being cool with having him around even if it's suffocatingly awkward.

"Mind if I buy you a drink?" He lead you to an empty table for two before giving signals to the waiter. Jinhwan must be on a run tonight because he already ordered without hearing your response. You have no idea what drink he was asking your permission for but you set yourself to accept anything he will give you just for tonight. There won't be a next time to this anyway.

"Beer??" He looked expectant. You felt somewhat disappointed. It was as if he forgot your preferences. "Are you serious??"

"Exactly what I wanted to hear. Good to know that you still don't drink beer. Does it still hit your system quick?"

"Yeah. As always." The main reason why you try to be more responsible and drink beer only with people you can trust. You might end up passing out without even remembering a thing.

"Would you mind drinking one for me?" He pushed a glass forward. For the first time, you hesitated taking the beer he offered you. He's usually one of the people you would drink it with but now that the situation has changed, you might have to reject his offer.

"Um,"

"Just one. I just want to make sure that you have no hard feelings left for me."

"I don't hold grudges, you know that. And alcohol doesn't have to be the measure of anyone's feelings."

"Still, words are not enough. I want proof."

"I wouldn't sit with you here if I feel something against you."

"A stronger proof," You can't find a good reason to prove yourself but Jinhwan looks so persistent in making you drink that one glass. He's nearly drunk to begin with.

"Okay. But in one condition," He can't be the only one benefiting. You also want to know if he really broke up with you in good terms. "Drink a glass of tequila."

"Tequila??" You never seen him drink a tequila or even taste one. He hates it like an archenemy. If this plan works, you don't have to finish a glass of beer.

To you surprise, without any hesitation, he took the glass of tequila you ordered for yourself and drank it in one shot, bottoms up. Your jaw just dropped in awe. You didn't expect him to be so cool about it. "Take it as a proof of my clean conscience and ceased feelings. Now it's your turn."