Ch.7 - Three Days, Three Problems, Three Headaches

Start from the beginning

"Let's eat, Eri-chan!" Uraraka laughed happily as she and Eri both reached into the tin and took out three or four cookies each.

Bakugou growled, turning the attention of the three others in the room back to him. His eyebrow on his right side was twitching and he was grinding his teeth. His anger levels starting to get way over the top by this point.

"Explain now... before I go into a full-blown craze."

Midoriya nodded slowly, knowing he should inform his childhood friend now. He had waited enough and now that Eri was back safely he could focus on the much more important matters at hand.

"I'll tell you everything from what happened after you passed out." Midoriya said, motioning that he was settling in for a long story as he took a seat on the ground. "You passed out after we managed to defeat Chisaki. So, Todoroki and I managed to carry you back to the Sami village. They gave us an empty hut to stay in and we've been here taking care of three issues... seeing as we really couldn't leave until we figured them out."

Midoriya sighed, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. His emerald hues seeming to be lost in his thoughts before he came back to reality and continued on. A much more serious expression on his face than before, letting all listening know his words were not humorous or to be taken lightly.

"The first problem was Chisaki himself. We took him down... and as we started to try and interrogate his subordinates that were not under his control... we found out something rather disturbing. All of them were familiars... and after Chisaki had been defeated, within the 24 hours after, they all destroyed themselves. We still have the talisman left... but they are not any good. So, currently, Todoroki-kun and Shinsou-kun are trying to get information out of Chisaki himself... seeing if we can figure out where he found information on the practice he was attempting to achieve."

"And what does that have to do with anything else? The wacko thought he could become a God and failed... what else could there be?" Bakugou clicked his tongue not understanding the connection here

Midoriya knit his brows together, trying to form his next set of words carefully. "Because the ritual Chisaki was trying to perform... is one that only exists in the books of alchemy from centuries ago. Ones that I had originally thought I had the only copies of... but now, I'm not sure."

A silence grew over the room, the slight noise coming from when Uraraka had closed the tin of shortbread cookies. Eri came forward, grabbing onto Midoriya's arm with her tiny hand, shaking a few times as she stared at his shirt sleeve with fear in her eyes.

"Don't worry." Midoriya told the albino girl. "We're not going to let him get you again... okay?"

"Okay, Deku-kun." Eri nodded, seeming to be calm with just the promise of the green haired male.

"Eri-chan... do you want to introduce yourself to Bakugou-kun?" Uraraka asked her, smiling gently at the small girl again.

She looked back towards Bakugou, still a bit frightened of him. But now that he seemed calmer himself and wasn't yelling or making a scary face... she seemed more confident in saying hello to him.

"H-hi... my name is Eri." She spoke, still hiding a bit behind Midoriya's arm as she spoke.

Bakugou sighed. "Hey kid, nice to meet you as well... or whatever."

Uraraka chuckled, leaning in close to Eri. "That's his way of saying hello and that you can trust him. Remember he's got a potty mouth but is still a great guy... when he wants to be."

Eri's eyes lit up and she nodded happily towards Uraraka, making the brunette smile widely, despite Bakugou cursing her out a little ways away. When the yelling and laughter died down, Midoriya decided to continue on with his explanation.