Chapter 12

Surprise! I'm Back again! Bet you didn't see that coming ;P

                                                                          ***

The trees around me quite vivid around me. I’m not too sure if it’s really bright outside today, or if I lost more blood than I would have really liked.

I mean…My head was a little light. It was as if all worries and thoughts were drifting away, seeking shelter within the strangely bright shadows.

I looked down at my naked feet, the warmth of the sun pelting down on them, giving them the vitamin D they deserved. They rested on velvety green grass, swaying slightly in the light breeze. I sighed in content.

 I was dressed in my flowing white dress that brushed over my knees, and frilled slightly at the edges. The straps of it were nestled sweetly upon my shoulders, and lessened my already idle sense of worry. I was glad that I was wearing this dress. I wasn’t sure when I had changed into it, but it was comfortable, as well as breezy within the summer-like season.

Taking a step forward, my foot crunched on the fresh and crisp grass, tickling the sole of my bare foot. I took another step, keeping my head down, watching the small baby like steps I seemed to waddle.

I smiled as I picked up the pace, feeling as free as a frolicking horse. I felt wonderful .Nothing could dampen my mood at this exact point in time.

That is when I looked up. And in a startled manner, I let out a noiseless scream.

There stood my –deceased? – Parents, smiling in a carefree manner, making me feel delighted and sick to my stomach at the same time.

Mums’ shining brunette hair was lustrous in the fading sunlight, her brown orbs shining with happiness. Dad was standing there, his hands intertwined with mums, and his trademark smirk lifting his right side of his face up. Neither one had a wrinkle displayed, even with dads slightly greying black locks. His blue eyes matched mums happy glimmer, and that’s when I realised the reason of my aforementioned sickness…

Something wasn’t right here.

They were dead.

‘…W-What? W-hy are you here? Mum? Daddy?’ I said in a shrill voice, my previous contentedness and care-free attitude quickly diminishing.

‘What’s wrong Hope? Why did you scream? Aren’t you happy to see us?’ Mum’s voice echoed slightly in my head.

This can’t be real.

I took a step forward, forgetting completely about the tickling feeling the grass had previously provided my feet.

‘Hope, where’s Faye? Why aren’t you taking care of her like you told us you would?’ My dad’s voice boomed disappointedly. My slight grin was wiped form my face…