Chapter 11 (I'm Sorry!)

Why, oh why, God…am I so inexplicably stupid?

I should’ve known I would take one step out of our boundaries, and be pummelled.  I was so pissed at myself for letting myself be captured.

Why in the hell of all that is good and Holy, did I run?

Because I am stupid, arrogant and pigheaded. At times like these, I wish I was normal. I wish I could go to a regular school, be chased by boys who weren’t my mate, let alone be in the world where mates were pretty much compulsory.

I hated it.

But now…because of my stupidity and temperament…I was captured by a rival pack for trespassing.

My colossal mistake of choosing to run over the river was for one reason, to get rid of my sent for a while. That was all. But now that my scent was gone, no one would be able to find me.

I grunted as there was a slight bump in the steps of the larger male wolves that were carrying my slightly beaten up body.

Running free never felt so good. I knew what I was leaving behind, but I didn’t care anymore. I was willing to set them free from my mind, and let my wolf take over. I was willing to give into those primal instincts…I would forget all about them soon enough.

A good two or so minutes after crossing that darn raging river, I could feel myself wearing out already.

You chose a good time to run away Faye…

I sniffed at the air, glad to be running through the forest which went for miles and miles, up along the coastline, and towards the open ocean. I will be able to-

My thoughts were cut off quickly as a large force knocked me to my feet from the side. What the hell?

I stood quickly, a body roll keeping me on my feet. A sharp growl ripped from my throat, and I took in the shape of my attacker.

Attackers…

They were attackers! As in multiple.

There stood six fully grown male wolves, growling in anticipation.

Oh for shits sake. I growled louder, hopefully seeming to ruffle them up a bit. But there was no such chance, they simply grinned in sync, seeing through my façade.

I turned quickly; taking them by surprise, running for my life has never been on my top priority list. Until now.

Their scents were dark and musky, totally new to me.

And that’s what scares me most. I don’t like change.

I yelped again as a jaw snapped at my back leg. They were fast, no denying that fact. And boy was the one that bit me strong.

A limp formed immediately in my leg, and blood spurted at a steady stream, before slowing down to a trickle.

At least I was healing quickly.

The sound of bones cracking scared me, and I knew one of them was shifting back to his human form. Oh great.

After a minute of being circled and limping, I gave up. This was a fight I would have to stay with. I couldn’t run.

“Stay there and we won’t hurt you…Much”. His voice rasped out, almost seductively. I gagged at his words, and I blinked slowly, pained.

He suddenly doubled over in pain. I shook, frightened, he was getting a message from his Alpha.

He stopped as quickly as it started.