Chapter 15

“Why are you here?” I asked quickly and quietly, not wanting to alarm Duncan who stood behind me. I could feel the tension from the two rolling off them in waves. I was feeling extremely uncomfortable at that exact moment, but I managed to hold my ground.

Roman looked me in the eyes, which were pulsating with an emotion I couldn’t understand. Wouldn’t understand.

“I came to get you, obviously. We are mates after all, Hope.” He said gruffly, emphasising the word “mates” with a proud demeanour.

I nodded in submission, willingly accepting.

Duncan reached out and pulled on my hand roughly, I hissed at him and turned my back to Roman. Almost instantly, I was out of Duncan’s delicate grip, and in Romans rough and demanding grip.

His raw power jolting me slightly, his anger radiating in the direction of Duncan.

This tension is unbelievable.

“Don’t touch my mate anymore, Duncan. Find your own.” Roman said with a snarl, and I shivered at the aggression. I knew it wasn’t aimed at me, but it was still frightening. He was a future Alpha, after all.

“Well, she would have been mine if you hadn’t have attacked me. Remember Roman?” Duncan snarled right back, not only confusing me by his words, but feeling sorry for the lack of anger expressed in them.

Between the two, Roman was definitely stronger, both physically and mentally as a human and wolf.

I pulled turned away from Duncan, sick of the stare off occurring, and the mostly dead-silence apart from the small quips that they dug at each other.

“Let’s go Roman…” I trailed off uncertainty, hoping to avoid a conflict between my ex-best friend, and my mate.

He humphed a reply, and pulled me towards him, but not before I saw the smirk on his face.

He looked…attractive.

This ass hole who was now my mate, made me suffer so much over the past few days, made me lose my sist-…

...

“Faye...”

Her name came out in a hushed voice; Roman twitched at hearing it and stopped.

Just mere metres away from Duncan, he said, “It’s ok. She will forgive you. You needed time to think.”

And with these last words over his shoulders, we were gone, leaving Duncan at his Uncles. Alone.

“…Thanks for saving her, Duncan. But she’s mine now, and forever.”

“So…Care to explain to me why you left?” Roman said carefully, stepping lightly onto the subject.

Why had I left? This question again?

“Umm…Because I was scared?” I said questioningly…Perhaps to myself only.

“'Were'? So you came to your senses now?” He replied, his voice sending me into an involuntary shiver. It had a nice husky sound to it…It was quite…sexy.

But I wasn’t going to give into the bond that quickly.

I had to fight it for a little while, at least.

“I’ve had some time to think about everything…and I had an epiphany of some sorts…” My voice was very rough for some reason…Husky.

He turned to me and grinned hugely. I stopped, shocked at the expression.