Chapter 8

Hello My LOVELYS! How are we? Good? Ok, you know the deal-

VOTE+COMMENT=HAPPY TIA~ and MORE CHAPTER UPDATES SOONER!

Chapter updates depend on you guys! I am aiming for at least 10 comments and 23 votes! Come on! You can do it!

And next chapter might have something...Interesting in it ;) If you know what I mean! Hehehe~

Tia~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8- Hope’s POV

I ran from that cabin as quick as my legs would carry me. Long and swift strides of my legs, pushing me further and further through the cabins. My dress started to pull tightly. A sign that I was about to shift into wolf form.

And in a way, I was glad. I wanted to get away from this whole situation for a while.

I missed my sister. My life...And it was all thanks to that stupid bastard.

 I really detested him. Beyond hate. Hate was just a starting feeling. This emotion was growing within me, bit by bit. And if I didn’t expel some of this hate and anger, it was going to bubble over at any point of time.

My legs carried me faster against the soft yet slippery ground. The grass was being trampled as I ran. I decisively turned a sharp left. Knowing Roman was following me. I laughed bitterly, my hair whipping in my face as I went.

Just as I turned another corner, rounding near the forests edge, I found myself tumbling.

A warm object had blocked my path suddenly, and then, I was on the ground. I quickly sprang up, my legs trembling as the change nearly took place. My defences were high and I was alert.

“Hope?” A sweet and tender voice rang in my ears. I shivered slightly as a hand ran up my cheek. I looked into the eyes of the hands owner.

“Duncan?” I questioned in surprise. I hadn’t seen him in human form since...Well...My school days.

“Hey Hopey! How are you?” He said, using my nickname. My eyes begun to water as I looked into his eyes. They were still the same Azure colour I remembered. That deep blue that had me mesmerised right at this current moment. His cheekbones still prominent and rosy red. His lean body still thin and wiry, but fit and capable...Although a little girly, Duncan was a real charmer.

And then I realised my mistake. I had stopped.

“I have to go!” I practically spat out. My tears now replace with a scowl. Just for that split second, I had stopped thinking about the future, and the past, and focused on the now.

Duncan felt safe. He was warm. But he wasn’t Faye. He wasn’t family. And he wasn’t worth the risk to stay there and be caught by my mate.

My pace quickened again, no longer stationary. I roared in frustration. I could hear my bones crackling, the change taking place. The tingling within my mind was at an all time high. I gladly took the change.

I reached the edge of the forest before I had completely turned; my dress ripped and tattered on the grass. A bird or something would surely take it for a nest. Surely.

Racing through the trees nimbly, I could feel heavy footsteps behind me. Another wolf was trying its best to keep up with me, and I knew just who it was.

I barked out a laugh, letting a wolfish smile slip onto my face. Duncan was trying to keep up. He never learned to quit while he was ahead. That was what I liked about him. Why I became friends with him. He was just one of those people who made you smile, who tried their hardest, even if it meant people laughing at you or mocking you. Mr. Positivity...