Chapter 15: John = Sam

Start from the beginning

We were out into the streets in less than a minute and I was so afraid of seeing someone that would recognize me. The last thing I wanted was people taking pictures of me when I was drunk. I gripped John’s shoulder as I realized something important that I didn’t have with me, “My dad’s jersey, where is it?”

“You gave it to me earlier, Rose. Don’t you remember? I sent someone to drop it at your hotel room. It’s all done.” He said and I relaxed again.

I closed my eyes and snuggled against him very tired and completely exhausted. I raised my left hand and suddenly moved my hand over his chest, unsure why, but he was very strong I could tell. There was something that my drunk-self thought felt right. He stared down at me like this was normal behavior.

“Everything okay?” He asked, with a small smile on his lips.

“I feel horrible.” Which was true, still feeling over his chest then going towards his neck. I could barely see straight, everything felt as though it was spinning and focusing on his face was so much harder. “You’re really pretty, Johnny.”

“I know, you tell me every time you’re drunk.” He smiled. “Oh, and if you feel sick, let me know. I don’t want you barfing all over me. We aren’t making that same mistake a second time.”

I couldn’t focus on anything anymore and so I simply let my eyes close slowly, but John wasn’t going to let me rest.

“So, I saw you and Kaner getting a bit friendly, wanna tell me what’s that about?” He asked me.

My eyes flew open, but I simply stared at his shirt. “I love him.”

“And he loves you back?” He asked.

“He’s always loved me.” I said.

John nodded, uncertain. “And do you know where he went?”

I hit my head, trying so hard to remember the last time I’d seen him tonight. “No, where’d he go?”

“A member of his team came by to bring him back to the hotel.” John said. “I don’t think he was supposed to be there, they looked pretty angry with him.”

I nodded against his chest. “That’s fine, then.”

“Did you guys do things back there that I should know about?” He asked me.

I wanted to laugh but held it back. We hadn’t done anything that was too horrible. I hit his chest, “Stop it, you sound like my brother.”

“I just don’t want you to get hurt, Rose. Kaner isn’t really a relationship kind of person.” He said.

“I’ve known him longer than you, Johnny.” I said, seriously. “I think I know who he is.”

“You guys went out before?” He asked, shocked.

“Yes.” I said, struggling out of his grip.

He failed to catch me and I fell on my butt against the ground. “You okay, Rose?”

I could barely feel my legs, and the real reason I wanted him to release me was because I didn’t want to talk to anyone about Kaner, at least not right away. It was stupid to act like he was actually my boyfriend when this was just a one-time thing obviously.

“Are you okay, Rose?” John was suddenly in front of me and I was sitting on the ground, very lost. How had he appeared in front of me so quickly, when he’d been holding me? He searched for my face, still awaiting an answer. “You look really bad, come on you need to get back home.”

I nodded quickly, unable to say a word. I reached for his hand. I could barely walk, but John kept his arm around my waist. “I feel horrible.”

“You said that already.” John smiled. “Do you feel sick?”

I looked down, trying not to trip over my feet. It was basically useless. I shook my head, at least I didn’t feel sick at the very instant.

As soon as we arrived at the hotel, I collapsed into John’s arms, unable to go on. He picked me up and took me up to my room.

“You must be very strong if you can actually carry me up 12 flights of stairs.” I noticed as he arrived to my apartment, unlocking it and stepping through.

He ignored me or simply didn’t hear me. He dropped me softly on the bed, taking off my jacket and my shoes, dropping them at the door. He was reminding me of Nicolas, almost, but it was something more about him. It wasn’t at all Nick.

I stared at the ceiling and noticed him coming out of the bathroom with a trash can in his hands, dropping it right next to my bed. He looked back at a shelf near the television and grabbed a book after analysing the whole shelf itself.

He grabbed a seat next to me on the bed, and opened up his book.

I looked up at him, “What are you doing?”

“I’m staying here, making sure you’re okay. You did drink a lot, it worries me a little.” He said, and pointed to the trash can. “Oh, and that is what you vomit in, better there than on the floor.”

I looked back towards the trash can, then back at him. “What are you gonna tell my roommate when she comes to sleep here.”

He looked from his book to me, “I already told her. She and I both agreed on me staying here with you tonight.”

I grabbed my stomach, and turned away from John, vomiting into the trash can that was right next to my bed. Oh, he was good. I would’ve never made the bathroom. I fell back against the bed, staring at the ceiling exhaustively, while I could see from the corner of my eye the look of disgust over his face.

“I’m sure the room is gonna smell nice.” He looked back at his book.

I grabbed his hand, trying to get his attention. “Thank you, John...”

“For what, exactly?” He asked me.

“Everything… You’re always there to watch out for me, you’re just like my big brother Sam.” I had never meant to say that but it had come out of my mouth. I didn’t even know what I was saying.

“You mean Nick?” He frowned.

I laid down on my back, “Whatever. I just want to sleep.”

Why had I said that?

All I'm gonna say is I LOVE YOU GUYS, hihihi:) I'm happy you guys are enjoying my story:) XOXOXOX

VOTE

COMMENT