THIRTY-SEVEN

When Juliet woke up, she was back at the camp. She looked up, hoping to see someone passing by who could help her. "Hello? Is anyone there?" Nothing. Juliet sat back. This was hopeless.

All of a sudden, the door opened, and Juliet tensed up. In walked Cora, and she was holding Aurora. Juliet stood up, quickly. "Why am I here?" Cora folded her arms. "Yelling won't help. Everyone else is dead." She set Aurora down. "I need some information from you two. About your friends, Emma and Snow." Juliet stepped forward, and slapped Cora. She scoffed. "You foolish girl. You have no idea what I could do to you." Juliet pushed the hair out of her face. "I have an idea." Cora sneered, and walked out, slamming the door behind her.

Juliet ran over to Aurora. She propped Aurora up so that she was sitting instead of lying on the ground. After a few minutes, Aurora woke up. "What? Where am I?" She then saw Juliet. "Juliet? Why are we here?" Juliet sat down. "Cora." Aurora sighed. She closed her eyes.

After a while, Cora returned. "Look who's awake." She was carrying a plate of food. "I thought you two might be hungry." Aurora stayed still, but Juliet could tell she was rolling her eyes. Cora set the bowl down. "I hope you enjoy stew." Aurora sighed. "I enjoy anything that masks the bitter aftertaste of poison." Juliet nodded.

Cora chuckled. "Oh, plucky. I like that." Aurora looked at Juliet, then back at Cora. "You might as well go, because I'm not going to tell you anything." Cora nodded. "Oh, I know. That's alright, you've nothing to tell. You weren't my target." Juliet folded her arms. "And I was?" Cora ignored her, and kept her gaze on Aurora. "The compass... sad you lost it?"

Cora nodded. "I suppose, but now I have something to trade for." Juliet's eyes widened. Aurora looked at the ground. "They'll never trade me for that." Cora shrugged. "Maybe not just you. But you and Juliet..." She smiled. "And your newfound companions just cannot help themselves. No matter the personal stakes, they'll never let an innocent die." Aurora shrugged. "We shall see." Cora smirked. "And what stakes do you have in their cause, princess. It's not as though you'd travel back with them."

The expression on Aurora's face saddened. Cora smiled. "What a sweet, misguided notion." Juliet had enough. She looked at Aurora. "Aurora, don't listen to her. She's just trying to get in your head. Don't let her win." Cora rolled her eyes. "I've had enough of you." She waved her arm, and Juliet blacked out again.

When Juliet came to, Aurora was unconcious, and she was alone again. She heard a noise, and she turned her head to see Hook opening the door. Juliet moved back. "What are you doing here?" Hook sighed. "Relax, I'm setting you free." He unchained her, and she smiled. "Thanks. But this doesn't mean what you did is forgotten." He nodded. She turned around to walk out, but then she stopped.

Why was she not concerned about Aurora. She turned back to see Hook waking up Aurora. "On your feet, hurry." Aurora slowly stood up, and looked at Juliet. "Are you going to kill me?" Hook chuckled. "If I were here for that, then waking you first might not be the best course of action."

Aurora looked at him. "Did Cora send you?" He shook his head. "Cora has no idea I'm here." Juliet looked around to see of any sign of Cora. She went back inside. "Tell Emma our deal still stands." Juliet nodded, and grabbed Aurora's hand. "Let's go." Together, they ran away from the hut.