ONE

Another day in Oz. Everything was normal except for one thing. It was the Wicked Witch of the West, Zelena's birthday. Zelena spent most of her birthdays sitting in front of a mirror watching replays of her mother giving her up. 

"You gave away the wrong child, mother. Soon you'll see. Soon." She looked down at the green cupcake with a candle below her, and blew out the candle. Zelena's mother, Cora, had given her up so that Cora could pursue Royalty, and Zelena resented her for it. 

Suddenly, the doors burst open, and Zelena's flying monkey flew in, holding the scarecrow. The monkey dropped the scarecrow, and Zelena started walking towards the scarecrow. "Well, isn't this nice." The scarecrow stepped back, nervously. 

"W-W-What do you want." Zelena smiled. 

"Why, you, of course. You're going to help me create a very special spell, one that no sorcerer has yet to achieve... a time-travel spell. I just need the ingredients... symbols of innocence and love and courage and wisdom. A symbol of innocence could be a baby, for instance, and a symbol of wisdom... could be a brain." She chuckled evilly, and pointed to the scarecrow. "Your brain, to be exact." She leaned forward to take his brain, and then the doors opened again. A girl with brown hair and a dog walked in, angry. 

"Stop." Zelena turned around, and her face showed pure confusion. 

"Dorothy? Didn't I send you back to Kansas." Dorothy pushed past the monkey. 

"Well witch, I'm back." Zelena clenched her fists. 

"Those slippers. They were supposed to be a one-way ticket home!" Dorothy stopped walking, and her dog growled. 

"You left me no choice. I had to return. When I got word that you were alive, and had taken over Oz, I had to stop you." Zelena turned around. "Let the scarecrow go." Zelena's smile returned. 

"Sorry. I think I'll hold onto him." Dorothy's expression stiffened. 

"You will never defeat me, Zelena, because I have the most powerful weapon of all... The love of the people." Zelena faked a pitiful face. 

"Oh. Well then..." She lit a green fireball and threw it towards Dorothy. Dorothy ducked, and it hit a guard, who fell to the ground. 

Dorothy's dog ran amuck, and caused a curtain to fall on Zelena. Dorothy and the scarecrow ran out of the room. Zelena stood up. "NO!" She screamed.