TWENTY-SIX

The next day, Jade stood outside of school, dreading every moment. After running away and getting kidnapped, going to school seemed mundane. She adjusted the strings on her backpack and looked behind her. No one would see if she skipped school. She could, and hang out in Granny's all day. But she promised Regina last year that she would go to school more often. She sighed. "This is going to be a long day." She walked in.

Inside, people were all through the hall. Jade walked over to her locker and opened it. Inside was her textbooks and a note. Beware of the apples. She turned her head to see who could've given her the note. She tucked the note in her pocket, and headed off to class.

She sat down next to Lily, who smiled at her. "Hey, what's up?" Jade shrugged. "Eh. I wandered through the woods, got kidnapped, ya know, normal. How about you?" Lily's eyes widened. "I swear, sometimes, I think that we're all living perfect lives, and then here you are with a crazy new story every day." Jade shrugged. "What can I say?" Lily chuckled, then they turned towards the teacher.

After school, Jade and Lily walked to Granny's to do homework. They were talking about the assignment. Jade looked over her shoulder, and saw Ruby standing over a body. She caught Lily's attention, then pointed in Ruby's direction. "Oh my god." The two ran over to Ruby. Not long after, Emma was there. "Is that?" Jade looked at the blonde, who was as confused as she was.