SIXTEEN

Henry and Emma drove through the town of Storybrooke. "Okay kid, how about an adress." Henry smirked. "Forty-four not telling you street." Emma slammed on the brakes, got out of the car, and shut the door. "Look, it's been a long night, and it's already..." She looked at the clock tower. "8:15?" Henry sighed. "That clock hasn't moved my whole life. Time's frozen here." Emma cocked her head. "Excuse me?" Henry shrugged. "The Evil Queen did it with her curse. She sent everyone from the Enchanted Forest here." Emma held out her hand. "Hang on. The Evil Queen sent a bunch of fairytale characters here." Henry nodded. "Yeah. And now they're trapped." Emma narrowed her eyes. "Frozen in time, stuck in Storybrooke, Maine. That's what you're going with?" Henry nodded again. "It's true!"

At this point, a redheaded teenager saw the ten year old boy. She walked over to them. "Henry, where have you been? You know walking you home is the highlight of my day." Henry looked up at her. "I told you where I was going." The redhead chuckled. "I know, I just didn't think you'd be out so late." She looked up at Emma. "You're Henry's birth mother?" Emma nodded. "Yeah, who are you?" The redhead smiled. "I'm Jade, Henry's cousin." Emma nodded. "So, where does he live?" Jade nodded. "Oh yeah, Mifflin Street." She looked around at the empty street. "Can you give me a ride there too? I kinda promised his mom I would be home by 9." Emma nodded. "Uh, sure."

When they got to the house, Emma opened the car door, and let Jade out. "Thanks." At this point, the door to the house opened, and Regina walked out. "Henry?" She ran and hugged Henry. "Where have you been?" She looked up at Jade. "And where have you been?" Jade shrugged. "Out." Regina narrowed her eyes. "Inside, now." Jade walked inside. "Is this a normal thing now, having the Sheriff over?" Henry stood next to Emma. "I found my real mother." He then ran inside. Regina looked at Emma. "You're Henry's birth mother?" Emma slightly nodded. "Hi." Regina smiled. "How would you like a glass of the best apple cider you've ever tasted?"

Inside, Regina and Emma sat down. "How did he find me?" Regina shrugged. "No idea. When I adopted him, he was only three weeks old. Records were sealed. I was told the birth mother didn't want any contact." Emma nodded. "You were told right."

At this point, Sheriff Graham came down the stairs. "Madam Mayor, you can relax. Other than being a tired little boy, Henry's fine. He's sleeping in Jade's room. Jade's on the floor." Regina smiled. "Thank you, sheriff." Sheriff Graham walked out of the house, and Emma looked at Regina. "So, your neice lives with you?" Regina nodded. "It's kind of a sad story. Jade's parents died in a car crash when she was two. She's been living with me ever since." Emma nodded. "Wow." She stood up. "Anyways, I should get going." Regina stood up. "Of course."

Jade looked out her window at the blonde getting in her car. Before she knew it, Henry was right next to her, looking out at his mother leaving. Jade sighed, and closed the curtains. "Come on Henry, let's go back to sleep." Henry sighed, and crawled back into bed. Jade sat in her desk chair. Eventually, weariness overtook her, and she fell asleep.