EIGHTY-ONE

STORYBROOKE

"They're being turned into flying monkeys?" Mary Margaret asked. Juliet, Emma, and Regina were standing in the stairway outside of David and Mary Margaret's apartment with the couple and Hook. David and Hook had just discovered that the missing people were being turned into monkeys. 

"Yes." The pirate confirmed. "He took on simian form, with the added bonus of wings." Juliet folded her arms. 

"Do you think that's what happened to the missing dwarfs, too?" Mary Margaret asked another question. David nodded.

"It would explain why we haven't found any trace of them." 

"And Neal?" David turned to his daughter. 

"No sign of him either. So, yeah, it's possible." Emma sighed.

"Wouldn't be the first flying monkey I've dated." Juliet tilted her head. What did Emma just say? 

"The person who escaped our trap disappeared in a cloud of green smoke. And now there are flying monkeys in this town. I think we know exactly who cursed us." A shiver ran down Juliet's spine as Regina spoke. 

"The Wicked Witch of the West?" Emma suggested sarcastically. But once she noticed Juliet's expression, her tone changed. "Seriously? She's real, too?" Juliet nodded.

"Unfortunately." She muttered. All eyes turned to her.

"You know the Wicked Witch of the West?" Regina asked. Juliet suddenly realized her mistake. 

"I, uh..." She stammered, trying to get out of this pickle. "No, I mean... it's unfortunate that... she's real because she... cursed us." She tried to sound believable, but it was obvious that no one believed her. Regina sighed. 

"I don't get it." Emma continued talking. "I mean, it's not like we're in Kansas. Why would the Wicked Witch of the West want to come to Storybrooke?" 

"Maybe Juliet knows." Hook joked, and Juliet shot him a glare. 

"I have no idea why she's here." 

"So now that we know who we're dealing with, how do we find this Wicked Witch?" David asked. They had moved into the apartment and were all standing around the kitchen island. 

"Might I suggest we start by asking if anyone has seen a woman with green skin running around?" Hook suggested. Juliet rolled her eyes. If Rumplestiltskin lost his sparkle in the curse, it was unlikely Zelena would be green here. 

"We're cursed, in Storybrooke. She'll look like any one of us." Regina said, annoyed.

"Then we start somewhere we know she's been." Emma joined in. "Regina's office." Regina shook her head.

"I went over it with a fine-toothed comb. She left no trace." 

"But you were combing for magic." Emma argued. "Maybe there's physical evidence that you missed." David nodded.

"Good idea. We'll track her." Regina sighed.

"If you want to waste your time playing Nancy Drew, be my guest, but we can't let Henry wander around alone with that witch and her flying monkeys out there."

"No, especially since one of those flying monkeys could turn out to be his father." Hook commented. Mary Margaret sighed.

"Still no sign of Neal?" Emma shook her head.

"No." 

"Point being, someone needs to protect Henry. He doesn't even know what's going on." Regina went back to the subject of Henry.

"I'm guessing you're volunteering?" Emma assumed. Regina nodded.

"If you find anything, call me." She went to leave, but Emma stopped her.

"Just remember, he thinks we're here because I'm on a case." Regina scoffed.

"Well, look who's gotten good at lying." 

"I just don't want anyone to slip up." Emma responded. "As far as Henry knows, you're just Madam Mayor, and that's it." Regina nodded, frowning slightly.

"I'm well aware of how Henry sees me." With that, she left the apartment. Hook sighed.

"Time's wasting. There's something wicked in your town. What do you say we go and find it?"David nodded, and the three of them left, leaving Mary Margaret and Juliet in the apartment. 

"How do you know who the Wicked Witch is?" Mary Margaret asked, which threw Juliet off guard. She fiddled with her fingers. 

"I, uh... lived in Oz for a bit before Neverland." She said, not entirely telling the truth. "Everyone was terrified of her, and I didn't like living in fear of her. So I found a magic bean and went to Neverland." Mary Margaret raised an eyebrow.

"You went to Neverland on purpose?" Juliet shrugged.

"Not really. I just knew I wanted to get out of Oz, didn't really know where to go. The portal just took me to Neverland." She sighed. "But enough about the witch, let's talk about you. I can't believe you're pregnant." Mary Margaret smiled.

"I know, and it seemed very sudden because of the missing year, but I', happy. A little nervous, since I didn't get to experience the baby stage after sending Emma away, so I don't really know what I'm doing." She sighed. "I did meet someone who came here after the missing year, she's a midwife. She's been so much help." 

Just then, there was a knock on the door. Mary Margaret stood up. "I think she's here now." She walked over to the door, and opened it. Juliet's heart dropped. Zelena was standing on the other side of the door. 

"Hi." She greeted, smiling. "I hope I'm not too early." Mary Margaret shook her head.

"No, it's okay. David just went out on an errand, he'll be back soon. Come on in." Zelena entered the apartment, and her gaze fell on Juliet. 

"Who is this?" Juliet found herself unable to speak. 

"Oh, sorry. Zelena, this is Juliet. She's a friend of mine. Juliet, this is Zelena, my midwife." Zelena took a step toward Juliet.

"It's nice to meet you, Juliet." Juliet clenched her fists at her side, still saying nothing. After a second, Mary Margaret chuckled. Juliet turned her head to face her.

"What?" She asked, nervous. Mary Margaret shook her head. 

"It's nothing, just... you two look so similar. Like you could be sisters." Zelena smiled.

"Oh, that is funny. Isn't it?" She turned to Juliet. Juliet's breath hitched.

"Yeah." She nervously laughed. "Hilarious." She looked back at the door. "Well, I got to get going. Things to do." She quickly turned around. "If I see David, I'll let him know you're here." Before Mary Margaret and Zelena could say anything, Juliet had closed the door and was speeding off toward Regina's house.

What the hell was going on? Zelena had inserted herself into Mary Margaret's life, and therefore, Juliet's life. Why was she showing up now? What was she planning?