NINE

It was a silent walk down the beach. Juliet kept her gaze on the ground, avoiding Pan's gaze. Occasionally, she would look out at the ocean, but she mainly looked down at the sand.

Eventually, Pan grew impatient. But instead of snapping, he decided to take another option. Right as the moon rose, he saw an opening in the woods that he knew led right to a clearing. He looked at Juliet. "Follow me."

Juliet looked up from the ground. She was a little wary. After all, she had only been on Neverland a week, and didn't really know him. Still, something in her made her feet move. Pan walked into the woods, Juliet right behind him, wondering where he could possibly be taking her.

As they were walking, Juliet noticed a thorny plant. As soon as she saw it, a chill went down her spine. She gulped. "Umm... Pan?" Pan turned his head. "What?" Juliet slightly shuddered. "What is that?" Pan followed her gaze and saw what she was looking at. "That's dreamshade. I wouldn't go near that if I were you. It's poisonous." Juliet nervously nodded. "Let's just keep going." She said in a shaky voice. Pan started to walk again. Juliet moved her feet, but every so often, she would turn her head to look at the Dreamshade.

Soon, they got to the clearing. Pan stopped in the middle of the clearing, and waved his hand. Some of the leaves parted, revealing the moon. The light from the moon shone directly on Juliet. She looked from the moon to Pan, then back at the moon. "Wow. This is... amazing." A smile crept on Juliet's face as she gazed at the moon rising over the water. The whole time, Pan wasn't looking at the moon. He was looking at Juliet.

While he was looking at her, he couldn't help but sense that she possessed magic.He didn't know how he could sense it, but she definitely had magic. The question was whether or not she knew how to use it.