Entitled Parent attacks my dad

A few years ago my father and I were at my soccer match with a team from another town. Now my team and the other team were rivals as we were constantly playing for the top spot on the local cup each year. For us the players it was a great experience mainly because we could prove ourselves with an opponent that could give us a challenge. The other team thought the same so at the end of the day we never got into fights with each other after the games.

Now my team was manly composed out of children with different backgrounds. Our parents were bankers, salesmen, judges (important later) and so on. This never bothered us either to be honest. But the issue here is with an entitled parent of the other team. The cast here are the following:

Dad: my dad. DF: Dad's friend and fellow parent. ED: Entitled Dad. Me: Yours truly. EDK: Entitled Dad's kid.

Now, during this time we were in the middle of the match. One of the kids from the other team was constantly falling over. Half the time this was due him trying to cheat by acting an injury and getting the advantage this way. This kid is EDK.

During the game this was happening over and over. We couldn't even get near the brat without him acting his injuries. Needless to say, this made the match boring. Our team was angry with the kid. His team was angry at him for doing this. It didn't help since the ED was actually yelling at our team each time the EDK acted the falls.

Now since the field was not the best, it only had one bleacher available for the parents to sit. This meant that both teams parents were sitting close to each other. This means that every time the EDK fell, our parents, who already knew what he was doing were laughing and loudly discussing the boy's bad sportsmanship.

This is when my dad began having a conversation with his friend, DF.

Dad: Why is the kid doing this? DF: I don't know, this is making the game boring. Dad: Look, his team doesn't like it either. He shouldn't do this, this is detrimental to his team.

Since my dad and his friend were discussing this near the EDK, he got up menacing and screamed at my dad and DF.

ED: WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING SHIT ABOUT MY KID?!

Dad: Oh is that your kid? Apologies, we mean no disrespect we are only discussing his behaviour over the game. His team is losing opportunities to advance because the game needs to stop to check on him.

ED: HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT MY KID! YOU FUCKING CUNT!

At this point dad starts to laugh. He is known to laugh at people who get pissy over petty thing.

Dad: Dude chill, the kids want a good game and this is not something that should happen unless a true injury occurs.

ED: I TOLD HIM TO DO THAT, I KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR HIM. YOU KEEP TALKING SHIT I WILL END YOU.

At this point dad looks at DF and tells him.

Dad: Now we know why this is happening.

ED: DON'T YOU FUCKING IGNORE ME!!

At this point ED runs towards my dad to try to attack him. "Try" is the magic word here since my dad actually punched him in the face when ED initiated his attack. This initial punch cuaght ED by surprise.

Dad: This doesn't need to go into a brawl. Leave the area now or I will call the police.

ED didn't listen and tried the same tactic against my dad. Now my dad is by no means a fighter but he knows how to throw a punch. This time my dad went all in and punched the guy with enough force to stop his charge but not enough to knock him.

This time the ED dad said.

ED: YOU FUCKER, I WILL CALL THE POLICE AND TELL THEM YOU ASSAULTED ME.

DAD: GO ON AHEAD CALL THEM. I HAVE A WHOLE TEAM OF WITNESSES WHO SAW YOU ATTACKING ME!

ED called the police. The police came. The police went to see my dad. DF stepped in.

DF: I am a witness of the entire affair and I am also a judge in this town. This man attacked my friend not the other way around.

ED got pale, tried to run away but one of the cops tackled him and arrested him over the whole matter. The cops asked my dad if he wanted to press charges and he said no. He explained that he only wishes the dad to no longer be allowed in any of the games.

The police took him and that's the last time we saw him. I believe the judge did press charges but I am not too sure since it turns out the guy was drunk and was drinking in the bleachers prior to the game.

The parents from the other team and the coach apologized to my dad and the team for the guy's behaviour and told us he was banned and my dad became a hero on my eyes.