××twenty-three××

The car ride to the hospital was silent, but not awkward. Keith could see lances small grin out of the corner of his eye, and it melted his heart.

Hed spent years just dreaming. finally, his dream had come true. The only person who's defended him, never daring to call him a cripple, was sitting next to him, instead of on the other side of a bar.

Lance made him feel like a man, and undefined by his disability.

Before they knew it, they arrived at the hospital, and walked to the front desk.

Behind the counter sat a small, sweet looking girl with curly hair and big hoop earrings, "Hi! How may I help you?"

"My name is Lance McClain, me and a guest are here to see my mom"

"Oh yes! Of course! I didnt recognize you with the makeup on"

"Wha? Omg I forgot!!!"

"Haha, you can go right ahead, she's still in room 125."

Lance grabbed Keith's hand and quickly pulled him aside, "if someone here finds out I'm starboy, I'm going to lose my job."

"Lance not to burst your bubble, but you work at a strip club. I dont think anyone here goes there."

He sighed, releived, "oh right. eheh... "

Keith laughed, and regrasped Lance's hand softly. "Let's go see your mom loser."

"Right."

<×><×><×>

Before entering, lance looked through a small window to make sure she wasnt sleeping. He went to open the door, but hesitated.

Keith saw this, "what's wrong?"

"I... I feel like she might be upset with me."

"What?! Why?"

"What if I haven't done enough? It's been a while since I've visited her what if shes mad?"

Keith grabbed both of lances hands, "You really overthink things. You are the best son a mom could ask for, and I'm sure she would say the same thing. I... while I was talking to her the other day, she was mumbling about how she thinks you hate her."

"She thinks I hate her?!"

"Yeah. Because you've put your own needs and life aside for her. I can see where you get your delusion from. You two need to realize that you do the things you do out of love."

His words eased lances mind, but sank deep into his heart, "I see. Thankyou... I feel a little better...."

Keith saw the sad, longing look in their eyes, and put his arm around them, letting lance lean on his chest.

"You dont have to feel better. But, just tell me what you need, and I'll make it happen."

"Dont spoil me too much! Its rude."

"Rude?!"

Lance just nodded, being sarcastically overdramatic. "Yep!"

"Sigh... alright. let's just go in there."