××Fourteen××

He sat by the window, looking out at the night sky.

He turned his head, and his mother was sleeping peacefully. He was thankful she wasnt in pain, but also had this crippling anxiety that she wouldnt wake up, and he would be left alone.

He thought back to what happened, the day him and his mom lost it all.

His mind drifted, but his phone vibrated, making him snap back.

He got a text from a random number,

???: hey its keith, pidge gave me your number. I'm just worried, is everything okay?

"Is everything okay? No. But I'm not going to tell him that."

Lance set keiths contact in his phone,

Lance: oh yeah I'm fine! Thanks for worrying :)

Keith<3: are you sure? You seemed really upset, do you want me to bring you something to eat?

Lance: really, I'm okay. Dont worry about me so much

Keith<3: sorry, I cant help it. Seeing you cry kind of set me off a little I guess

Lance just left that text on read, putting his phone down on the counter. He looked back at the night sky, and saw a shooting star.

"I dont really beleive in wishes, but... it's worth a shot. I wish... I wish keith would forget about Taylor. About me."

"H-hijo..."

He quickly turned, "mama?"

"come here."

He quickly got up, and got to her side.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes hijo. Dont worry about me. Who were you texting that made you so upset?"

"I... ugh... I messed up."

"I see. Tell me about it hijo, itll make you feel better."