××seventeen××

"Look lance, I know you didnt want to lie. Its part of your job. It's my fault I made you think I didnt know."

"...keith?"

"Yeah?"

"I really like you."

Keith smiled giddily, "ah really?"

"Yeah... no one cares about me as much as you do, and..." he hid his flustered face with his sleeves, I've kinda had a crush on you too."

Keith just giggled to himself, but stopped when he saw lance wipe more tears from his eyes.

"I'm sorry... I'm just... in a bad place right now. I'm scared, and confused."

"You can tell me about it, maybe I can help!"

"I dont like putting my problems on other people."

"But I want to help! I'll do anything to make you happy! Your the only one who's even looked at me like a normal person and not some cripple!"

"Hehe. Your not a cripple. You just cant hear well."

"Lance..."

"Alright... I'll tell you but, you cant idk, go crazy over it."

"I promise."

The two sat down in the alley way, and lance leaned on Keith's shoulder.

"When I was in middle school, I got into a fight with some kids at school. So, they took a flaming beer bottle and threw it in my window at night, and family was sleeping. When I woke up, I was in the hospital... I had my grandparents, my siblings, my grandma and my dad, but they all died. It's just me and my mom now. But... shes in the hospital right now with a terminal disease."

"Lance... I'm so sorry."

He couldnt help the flow of tears, "I work two jobs now, I'm trying to pay for her medical Bill's. I... I cant lose that last member of my family..."

Keith got up suddenly, "stay here. I need to make a phone call."

"A-alright."