××Three××

"Are you okay? I would've helped sooner but I couldnt hear you conversation. It wasnt until I looked over that I saw."

"Are you... apologizing?!"

Keith shrugged, "I guess"

"Wha- dont apologize for saving me!"

"Sorry?"

"As a thanks, all your drinks tonight are on the house."

"Great."  keith glared at the man on the ground, and sat back on his barstool.

Lance handed him another drink, and leaned on the counter, "so, why do you come here anyways? I mean you dont seem to be here for the stripers."

Keith was startled by the question, became slightly flustered, "oh...um... I like the atmosphere. Its loud and obnoxious so I go unnoticed most of the time" which, wasnt a TOTAL lie, but a lie nonetheless.

"Oh, that makes sense. Btw, your hair looks cute in a man bun!"

Keith blushed more, "ah? T-thankyou"

Lance grinned, and turned on his heel to tend to other people.

Keith took a large sip of his drink, and lightly slapped his cheeks. He decided to go to the bathroom.

While washing his face, keith closed his eyes, repeating in his head, "you come here for beer. Nothing else. You totally don't come her for...him..."

He splashed the water in his face, and jumped when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

He looked up

"Exuse me?"

"You deaf kid? I've asked you to get out of my way like 3 times."

Keith tried to play it off, "I'm sorry sir, you see I actually am deaf in my- UFF!"

before he could finish, the clearly drunk man socked keith in the face.

Keith continued as if it hadn't happened, "sir I just didnt hear you, I'm deaf in one of my ears and partially deaf in the other."

"Shut the hell up!" The man went to slap him, but keith grabbed his arm, pulling him down and over in one motion. The guy gasped, and flipped over an fell onto the floor.

"I told you I am deaf! I wasnt ignoring you, you douchebag! It's not my God dam fault I cant hear."

Without letting the guy respond, keith wiped the blood from his mouth, and walked out of the bathroom.

"I should just go home."

Lance spotted him on the way out, "hey keith! I was wondering where you went"

"I just went to the bathroom, but I'm going to head home."

Lance saw the blood on Keith's face and jumped over the counter, "did someone do this to you?"

"Its not a big deal. I'm used to it. I cant hear shit most of the time, and this is the concicuence."

"Keith... I'm sorry. Let me help you clean-"

"No. I'm just going to go."

"O-okay... take care keith."