Chapter 22

This is how Ruki looks like by the way(Hijikata Toshizo from Hakuouki)
*****

(Y/n) topples around as the door slides open, she falls and lands in Cassim's arms.

"Milady!" The maids shriek as Cassim catches her and supports her up.

"Your dismissed."Alibaba says to the maids, they bow and hurry out of the entwined rooms, Cassim picks up (Y/n) bridal style and lay her back down on her bed, concern spread across both their faces.

(Y/n)'s eyes open again and she stares to the side.

Cassim...and...Alibaba...

"You guys..."She repeats again, she takes a deep breath before plastering a small smile.

"I'm glad...we're alright now." She says smiling.

"Y-yea." Cassim says as he looks to Alibaba, who nods in agreement, shrieks outside catch their attention as the doors bursts open.

"Lord Alibaba! One of the memebers' of the Fog Troop had escaped and stirred up the citizens again, it's out of control!"The guard exclaims, the trio's eyes widen.

"I'll be right there!"Alibaba yells, he looks (Y/n) back in the eyes.

"Wait for me."She nods as he hurried off with the guard outside to settle things.

All I did...was it for nothing...?

She looks up at Cassim and meets his gaze.

"Cassim! You need to stop the Troop! With Alibaba! You need to!"(Y/n) grabs Cassim's hands in hers as she spoke with determined eyes.

He looks back into her gaze and nods, he leans forwards and gives her a small kiss on the lips before heading for the door.

"Wait for me."

(Y/n)'s PoV

I really am just useless...huh...I have 2 metal vessels with me, but I can't even use them to help...can I only sit and wait for those too to come back..? I can't, can I?

I shake my head in distraught as I lay back down on the bed, making sure my left shoulder was comfortable.

"I want to fight alongside you guys."The words slip from my mouth as my eyes drop again.

An hour later...

"(Y/n)!"

Who's calling me?

"(Y/n), dear! Wake up!"My eyes open and I see an unfamiliar woman infront of me, sitting at the edge of my bed, she was opaque and she was giving off a bright glow.

"Who are you?" I ask drowsily.

"Hmm? I didn't give birth to you to have you not remember me!" The woman laughs.

Give birth...to me...?

"Mother!?"I yelp as I snap out of my sleep.

"You're alive!?" I shriek as I push over the covers.

"Mhm dear, this is my rukh." She explains.

"Why is it here?"I ask her.

"Solomon's son has called us forth. I must return to Great Flow now."

"Eh! Wait! I want to talk to you more!" I yell as she starts to lift up off the ground.

"Maybe some other time, dear. Before I go, let me give you a gift."She waves her hand and a small spark appears, it flies towards me and into my left shoulder, my injury.