Chapter 20

We make it back to base in silent and it was already nightfall, I fall asleep as soon as I reached my spot.

On the break of dawn the next day...

I sit up as the sun rises, I stand up and jump over the wall of the base.

I need to reverse the reversed fate...mission failed...didn't it?

I sigh in failure as I trudge back into the markets, I head for Kougyoku's place of stay, I see the people bustling around me.I struggle past the guards as they recognize me, they let me through as I spot Kougyoku walking towards the palace.

"Kougyoku!"I yell as I catch up to her, she turns and looks up in surprise.

"(Y/n)?! Where did you go?Ruki came over to see if you were with me, but you weren't so he sent a letter back to Kou, a fleet of ships and Big Brother Kouen are on their way."Kougyoku yells, my eyes bulge out of my eye sockets as I hear her.

"A-a fleet?! Kouen?!"I yelp at the situation, I shake my head in annoyance as I approach her.

"Anyways, what's going on?Everyone is uneasy..."I say as we walk beside each other towards the palace.

"I don't know, I'm on my way to the palace to see what is going on, are you coming?"

"Yeah, sure."I say.

I could get to the bottom of this.

We make it through the palace and to the throne room, the large golden doors open.

My eyes widen as I see Alibaba, the Vice roy, the King and the head general in the center of the room all together.He looks at me before looking back at Kougyoku.

" I came because of the commotion, I am the Kougyoku Ren, eighth princess of the Kou Empire and betrothed of King Ahbmad."Kougyoku explains.

"I knew it!"The Vice Roy yelps.

"My apologises, I still don't know the king's face, which one of you is the king?"Kougyoku asks, I tug her sleeve as she looks at me, I travel my gaze to the fat one on the floor, who opened his mouth to speak.

"M-me!"Kougyoku's eyes widen in disgust as she stares down at Ahbmad.

"Oh...." She murmurs a sign of disappointment.

"About that....my dear princess...."Markkio starts as he steps forwards.

"At the moment, it isn't quite clear who the king is." He explains as shock over washes the room.

"The third prince and the viceroy had just staged a coup d'état to force Ahbmad to abdicate. They haven't determined the next king yet." Markkio continues.

"Markkio! How could you?!"Ahbmad barks in dissatisfaction.

Kougyoku thinks for a moment before she speaks up, I look at her to see what she had to say.

"I will... marry whoever is king." She declares.

Is she out of her mind!?!?

"By my country's command, I am betrothed to the King of Balbadd and must conclude the treaty. Whoever is King, that does not change. Please determine a new King, quickly." She sends them a glare as I bite my lip in uncertainty.

"She's right we must decide." A general speaks up.

"I'm telling you! I'm the king!" Ahbmad shouts, guards push him down as he sputter nonsense.

"You are next in line of succession, viceroy." The general directs his gaze to the viceroy.

"I cannot be king. Until today, I did nothing to stop his depraved rule, so I share his guilt."The Viceroy affirms.