Chapter 19

Please note, there is a part in this chapter that I'm cringing over, READ IF YOU WANT.

****

The next morning, everyone woke up quite early, 7 in the morning to be exact. I rub my eyes open and look around for something to wash my face.

I guess there's no choice...

I look around and spot my weapons behind me, I pick them up and tuck them back into my sash. I take Nalini out of her shaft and bubbles of water appear,  I head butt the biggest water bubble making it pop, water splashing on my face, I scrub my cheek and another bubble pops on my face.

So efficient...

I put Nalini back and notice everyone chattering amongst them selves too much to pay attention to me.

Two nights...it's tommorrow morning...

"Hmm..."I lay down and think.

How do I stop Cassim from dying? Can I just go up to him and say he'll die so, don't die? Any who, I'll need to prevent war, the Arms Dealer provides the weapons, so if I kill him, there'll be no weapons, no, there's a possibility that the weapons are already disputedd, destroy the weapons? Sounds like alot of work. What do you think, God?

Waiting for an answer, I sit up.

No answer, I heave as my stomach grumbles.

I haven't eaten anything since yesterday morning...

I blink and I suddenly see a bright red apple in my lap. I pick it up in wonder.

"I'm hallucinating?"I question as I turn the apple around.

"Baka! That's an apple! You're hungry, right?" Cassim yells as footsteps stop next to me.

"Oh. Thanks for the food then!"I smile and dig into my apple, I look up into the sky and stop chewing.

Is that...? Why...why is there so much black rukh? Huh....

I look around me.

Every is consumed by hatred...

I look at Cassim.

He's fallen too.

I eat my apple slowly and stare at the black rukh around me.

I'm the only white here...

I look at the Arms Dealer who is giving crates of weapons to the others.

He's reversing fate.

God?!

Stop that man from reversing fate...

On it.

I finish up my apple and throw the core behind me.

I hope my acting skills work.

I walk up to the Arms Dealer and put on a cute smile.

"Hello there."I start.

"Hello to you too."The eyes of the Arms Dealer spell a grin.

"Well, I was wondering if-" I suddenly feel my arm get pulled and dragged away, I turn and see Cassim.

"Excccuuussseeee YOU!" I yell as I pull my arm away, I turn my heel and start speed walking back to the Arms Dealer.

"Now, if you don't mind me, I have a conversation to get ba- Hey!"Cassim pulls my arm again.

"Not so fast. Come." He pulls my arm.

"Wai-Hey! Where are we going?! I have something to take care oft!" Cassim pulls again and I stumble around as we walk -ahem- as he walks out of base.

We walk out for a while and I didn't notice Cassim's hand slid down my hand and held my hand, I feel his fingers interlaced with mine and I look down with a blush. We stop at a big tree in the center of  a deserted plot of land. I look at the base of the tree and notice a the stump of a rock.

"Where are we exactly?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"I had a younger sister, she died of an illness that was going around the slums." Cassim starts, he turns and looks at me, he looks down at our locked hands and flush. He takes away his hand and place it by his side.

"Yeah, I heard from Alibaba."I say as he leers to the side.

"Right, her name was Mariam. This is where we buried her, tomorrow is her birthday." Cassim sits down on a large root and looks down.

"So that's why you'll attack tomorrow, the day of change will be on her birthday." I say in realization, I look up into the cloudless sky.

"Yeah, I don't want anyone to end up like her again." Cassim sighs and looks up into the sky like me.

"Then why bring me here, you could've just told me back where we were." I say looking at him.

"Bringing you here, felt more...right."He mumbles.

He has a point, if I told him he might die tomorrow in front of his sister's grave wouldn't be right, now would it?

"I get your point." I say as I sweat drop at my thought.

There's a right moment for anything.

A cloud passes and I realize how much time had gone by.

"Hey, we should head ba-"I see a flash of brown and warmth spread across my lips, I feel Cassim's hand go my head and slightly pushes, to make me return the kiss. His other arm tightly goes around my waist, my hands on his chest.

I start to lose my breath, he breaks the kiss and places his head at the base of my neck, my skin burning at his touch. I breath heavily, trying to cool my redden cheeks.

"Listen, I'll only say this once, I like you."

Wha?

"Huh...?"I'm lost for words and my mind flies back to two different people.

It was like the kiss with Alibaba, and when Judar said he liked me...well that wasn't really a confession...("-v-)

"I said I'll only say it once. I guess I have no choice." Cassim lifts hims head, a deep red coating his face, with his hands still on me, he looks me straight in the eyes.

"I like you. When you saved us on your first raid, I started to notice that you were really powerful, and that you were an important person worthy of their status, I was convinced I didn't have a chance. When you were kidnapped, I was a bit worried, but, when you stood up for us even though we were humiliated by royalty, I realized, I like you, but the again I didn't stand a chance against anyone for your affections. When I found you with Alibaba, I started to get all sorts of ideas, but, I put on a front and you came and joined, I was happy. I might not look like it now, but I want to be a man worthy of your love, I don't need an answer now, but I wanted you to know that I had these feelings." By the end of his speech, he was confident and the red had faded.

"This isn't my answer, but my current feelings, I know that I haven't known you for long but, Alibaba described you as a guy who wants nothing more than the happiness of people, I support that, but you took things the wrong way and wanted war, I joined to try to convince you, otherwise-"I stop myself and cover my mouth.

"Otherwise?"

"Nothing, nevermind. We should head back, I'll keep your feelings in mind tomorrow, and see if I can come up with an answer after." I say, I slip out of his grasp and we start to make our way back.

C'mon heart, stop pounding.