Episode 61: Seeds of Doubt

Começar do início

"A purpose?" Naoru nodded. "I see. You're thinking of the greater war, wise of you."

Hyosetsu raised the plain sword in front of himself. "Now, leave. I'll handle these four by myself."

"Alright, sir." He flew away as fast as he could.

Tsk. That jerk got away, no matter. Hyosetsu, you'll pay for intervening!

Man-kin glared at the Baldo Knight as he and his sisters surrounded me.

"I'm going to go to where Etsuo is. Can you three delay him for me?"

"Of course," Mei said. "Now, hurry up and have big brother heal you."

I sighed and turned away. Sadly, he might be in a worse state than me.

Hyosetsu closed his eyes and appeared in front of me but a silver blade stopped his from striking me, their collision creating a mighty wind. I grunted as the sheer force of the gale sent me flying into my other two cousins.

The sword knight stared at Mai who stood before him. He smiled slightly. "Nicely done, blocking my sword."

Mei gasped as she pushed me aside. "Wait, is he like the crown princess? Do my powers not affect him?" she asked.

Mai shook her head as she stepped away from Hyosetsu. "No, I'm afraid that this is simply his brute strength. Much like Man-kin and my own."

"Yes. He isn't even wielding Baldo," I said as I struggled to stand.

"W-what? N-no way!" Mei said, stepping back.

"Do not fret," Mai said, maintaining her eyes on her opponent. "I'll handle him."

"Man-kin, help me get to Etsuo," I ordered.

He knelt down next to me and wrapped my left arm around his neck. "Mai, Mei, I'm going to take him to Etsuo. Be careful."

Hyosetsu took a step back and closed his eyes. "Dance of the Plum Blossoms!" He spun around, slicing the air in our direction.

Mai stepped between us once more, blocking the attack with the side of her sword. "Alright. I'll handle this one. It shouldn't take too long, anyway. He's rapidly using up his stamina with all of his fancy techniques. His sword might endure even less." Her eyes fell over the slight crack on Hyosetsu's plain sword.

"Didn't expect to run into another sword master," Hyosetsu said as he jumped back. He put a hand against the ground, pulling grass out in order to slow himself down. He slid his sword on one of the two scabbards on his back and pulled out another one just like it from the other. "But I've come prepared." He took a deep breath and swung his blade at her.

Mai glanced over at us. "Run."

"Wah?" Man-kin said, running to the right. He watched as the attack passed through his sister. A grassless scar laid next to us as the force of his blade ran for a few more feet. "T-that attack went on for several meters! How strong is this guy?"

I snickered slightly. "Don't be too surprised. This guy is one of the five making up the enemy's vanguard."

Mai turned her sword slightly. "Is that so? Then I shall nip the bud of the blossom here before the flower of our destruction blooms."

"Try me!" Hyosetsu said, unflinching.

This guy is already this strong, if he manages to get the boost that Osamu gave Naoru then he'll be even more of a threat. If only I weren't this injured, I would stay back and fight him myself.

"Let's get out of here," I whispered.

Man-kin nodded and squatted. "Get on and hold on to tightly, I'm going to get us out of here."