Episode 56: Deep Darkness

"So Dan might still be alive?" Mom asked, grinning

"So Dan might still be alive?" Mom asked, grinning. "How do we save him?"

Kiara closed her eyes. "I'll have Dine tell you. She can explain things better than I can."

"Huh? Dine?" asked Zafir who had accompanied Rosalba and the others here. "That monster?"

"I'm not a monster, sir knight," Kiara said, opening her eyes. Though they were red rather than their usual brown color. Her voice didn't even sound like Kiara.

I stepped back. "What is going on here?" I snapped.

"Dine was absorbed into Kiara," Serrano said, stepping forward. "That was why Etsuo took her to the abyss."

I glared at her. "So you're the one at fault for what happened!" I yelled.

"Calm down," Serrano said, holding me back. "Let her speak."

"If I hadn't done so then you would've buried Kiara weeks ago!" Dine yelled.

"Huh?" I asked.

"I saved her from the wounds inflicted on her by Mei. We abyssmals as you know can rejuvenate. Kiara's wound closed once I entered her body. She inherited my abyssmal abilities."

"That's true. I saw it with my own eyes," Serrano said as he slowly let go of my shoulders.

"Thank you!" Mom blurted out, bowing. "Thank you for saving my daughter."

I lowered my eyes. "T-thanks," I mumbled under my breath.

Ki... Dine smiled. "You're welcome. To be honest, I also did it to save myself. Zafir had weakened me to the point in which I was barely holding on. Being in my core form in this world for days didn't help. It was awful."

Zafir looked away. "It was?"

Dine chuckled. "Worry not, I don't hold ill will toward you. In fact, I owe you. For having stopped me."

"So you are that creature which rampaged throughout my lands," Hyosetsu said, giving her a cold stare, well colder than his usual gaze was.

She lowered her head. "Yes. I did so under Satoru's orders. I didn't recall who I was. You see, when I was a kid, I ended up within the same pit that Dan and Satoru did. In fact, it was Satoru himself who was at fault for that. He tricked Etsuo and me into going there, to that pit."

"What is that pit?" Tetsuya asked. "Etsuo said something about it being sacred."

"It's where the Ancient One dwells. He who existed before time and before those who created time. He is the father of all there was, is, and will be."

"So he's a god?" Ximena asked.

"Yes. He is. Though he was betrayed by someone he cared deeply. As a result, he was wounded. He desires revenge, though he isn't in a state to do so. One day he'll reawaken, but for that he needs life energy."